|Full Name||Vidyu Lekha Raman Suresh
|Nickname||Vidyu Raman Vidyullekha Raman Instagram|
|Profession||Film actress, Comedian and a Theatre performer|
|Famous for||Jaguar 2016|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 164 cm
in meters– 1.64 m
in feet & inches– 5’4”1
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– kg65.3
in pounds– lbs143.96
Film:Neethaane En Ponvasantham ()
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||Andhra Pradesh State Award for Best Comedian|
|Date of Birth||November 04, 1991(Monday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||Years29 years|
|Birthplace||Chennai,Tamil Nadu, India|
|Hometown||Chennai,Tamil Nadu, India|
|School||Vidya Mandir Senior Secondary School and M.CT.M. Chidambaram Chettyar International School Mylapore, Chennai|
|College/University||M.O.P. Vaishnav College, Chennai|
|Educational Qualification||Visual Communication Telugu 360|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Not known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vidyullekha Raman
- Vidyullekha Raman is the daughter of Mohan Raman who himself is a south Indian actor and a writer.
- Vidyu Raman is a south Indian actress who has been entertaining the south audiences with her fabulous comic thrills. She has come out to be an amazing comedy Telugu actress as once she had aspired to be. She is known for her good comic timing.
- She has done theatres for good seven years and has also worked as a backstage artist and costume designer for the play “Swami & Friends” in the year 2010.
- In one of her interviews the actress claims to be an introvert during her childhood and gradually became outgoing. She had difficulty with math and was not confident about it but she worked hard for it. She was made the cultural secretary and was in-charge of extra-curricular activities. She ensured the best theatre director in Chennai came and conducted a two-week workshop. It helped her to gain confidence and she became more interested in this field.
- She has also tried singing Telugu bilingual “Malani 22 Palayamkottai”, she has sung it in two languages as she knows both Tamil and Telugu.
- She debuted with Guatham Menon`s Tamil-Telugu bilingual film Neethaane En Ponvasantham and Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu (2012). These have proved to be a good boost for her.
- Gradually she worked in many movies in various languages such as Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada. She has won many awards and has also been nominated for her first award for her debut Neethaane En Ponvasantham. She is also known for her other films such as Power Pandi, Raju Gadi Gadhi etc.
- According to the sources Vidyu was last seen in a Telugu movie titled Mathu Vadalara, which featured Sri Simha in the lead role. Also, she has dubbed for one of her own films in Hindi also.
- Her cousin sister Gitanjali is married to a Tamil film director Selvaraghavan.
- To begin with, 2020 Vidyu participated in the Chennai marathon and finished 10km in 90 minutes. She considers it as an achievement for her as the actress had been trolled a lot bout her fitness.
- Vidyu in some of her interviews has expressed her views on body shaming and how she has gone through it all. She had to face a lot of criticism and has been made fun of. Following this, the actress decided to shut everyone’s mouth. She made a humongous variation with her body weight. She weighed 77kg in January and reduced up to 68kg till the month of June. With this move, she left the audience awe-struck. Which also has inspired her fans and many other people towards fitness.
- In mid of January Vidyu was diagnosed with a huge gall stone in her gall bladder. Immediate surgery was scheduled to remove the infected gall bladder completely. However, her fitness progress was hindered. And it took her a while to get through it.
- She has also quoted how difficult it was for her to get along this fitness path. She wrote “I remember that day. It was a Tamil movie’s audio launch and I couldn’t find anything to wear because nothing in my wardrobe fit me. So I just put on some stretchy leggings and covered myself with a shrug to hide the shame. Depression and anger took over and I thought “screw this! Why should I get slimmer! I don’t need to and I won’t!”
- However, with this ongoing turmoil in her head, Vidyu in February 2019 first decided to shed off her extra kilos and follow a constant fitness regime. The process was difficult and required a lot of focus and dedication toward the goal. Her major physical transformation took place during the lockdown period where she totally invested her time into fitness and followed a strict workout regime. She wrote “20+ KGS DOWN – 86.5 kg to 65.3 kgs. It’s been a long & winding road. Filled with sweat and tears. When I look at the pic on the left it’s surreal that I ever looked like that. That I let myself get to being THAT unhealthy. ” She started with naturopathy, Ayurveda and yoga and gradually shifted to keto and a low carb diet that helped her achieve this success.
— IE Tamil (@IeTamil) June 23, 2020
- Though Vidyu has come up with a captivating physical transformation despite it she was threatened to remain work deprived if she shed off her weight. This gives us an insight into the mentality in industry prevailing. She said “I was told that I won’t get the roles I get today if I dropped weight. It points to a culture where the casting happens based on appearance and not on the basis of one’s talent,” she says, and adds: “When you hear it, you tend to develop an insecure feeling. I don’t know what the remedy is but I hope women continue to prove that talent speaks more than body measurements.”
- She also says that her journey did not start with self-hate. She loved herself the same way she did before. She only wanted to be the best version of herself. And one must prioritize their health.
- She states that a lot of people believe that Vidyu mainly focuses more on Telugu movies but the fact is the Telugu industry has given her more recognition and appreciated the kind of work she does. This industry has laid more opportunities with her and they offer better roles as compared to others. In the end, she only wants to be a part of the cinema and that makes her happy.
- Along with this drastic change the actress has also been in the news as she had a Roka ceremony and will soon tie the knot to her fiance Sanjay Watwani who is a renowned entrepreneur and a dietician in Chennai. The Roka ceremony of the couple took place on August 26th (2020) in Chennai under the COVID 19 regulations with family and close friends. Vidyu and Sanjay have known each other for a long time. The families are planning their wedding soon after the COVID comes to rest as they are concerned about the safety measures. She shared a picture with her fiance dressed in traditional outfits thanking all for the blessings and wrote “We got Roka-Ed! @lowcard.india & I had our Roka Ceremony (formal announcement) on 26.08.2020 in an intimate manner with close family around us. It was our lil’ ray of sunshine & we couldn’t be more grateful for the love we received. We wore masks & removed them for the pictures (before anyone asks!) Thank you all so much for showering us with your best wishes! The best is yet to come.
References/Sources: [ + ]