|Full Name||Tejashwi Prasad Yadav The Hindu|
|Nickname(s)||Tarun Yadav The New Indian Express|
|Famous For||Being the Son of Lalu Yadav|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 167 cm
in meters– 1.67 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 6”
|Political Party||Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD)|
|Political Journey||• In 2015, he was elected in the Bihar Legislative Assembly from the Raghopur constituency on the ticket of Rashtriya Janata dal (RJD)
• He served as the Deputy CM of Bihar from 2015 to 2017.
• In 2020 he was elected as MLA from from the Raghopur constituency on the ticket of Rashtriya Janata dal (RJD)
|Date of Birth||9 November 1989 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Village Phulwaria, district Gopalganj, Bihar|
|Hometown||Village Phulwaria, district Gopalganj, Bihar|
|School||Delhi Public School in Hemant Vihar
Delhi Public School, RK Puram (2006)
|Educational Qualification||8th pass MyNeta|
|Caste||Shudra Kancha Ilaiah|
|Controversies||• On 1st January 2008, Tejashwi Yadav and his brother, Tej Pratap Yadav, were allegedly beaten up by unidentified men for passing inappropriate comments at a girl during a new year’s party in Delhi. Hindustan Times
• In 2017, a CBI case was filed against Tejashwi Yadav and his parents, Lalu Yadav and Rabri yadav, for illegally giving the contract for maintenance of two IRCTC hotels to a private firm. Later, a delhi court granted bail in the case to all three of them. The Times Of India
|Relationships & More|
Father– Lalu Yadav
Mother– Rabri devi
Brother– Tej Pratap Yadav
Sister– Misa Bharti, Rohini Acharya, Chanda Singh, Ragini Yadav, Hema Yadav, Anushka Rao, and Raj Laxmi
|Assets/Properties||Rs 5,88,90,061 My Neta|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs 5,88,72,483 My Neta|
Some Lesser-Known Facts About Tejashwi Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav is an Indian Politician and the political heir of Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) supremo, Lalu Prasad Yadav. He is the youngest of the nine children of Lalu Prasad Yadav.
- Four months after Tejashwi’s birth in November 1989, his father, Lalu Yadav, was sworn in as the CM of Bihar for the first time.
- Tejashwi grew up away and did his schooling away from his family in Delhi. A cricket enthusiast, Tejasvi Yadav passed class 8th and then dropped out of school to focus on making a career in cricket.
- He took part in a number of cricket tournaments while studying in school. Also, he was the captain of his school cricket team.
- Tejashwi made his under-15 debut for Delhi’s cricket team under the captaincy of Virat Kohli.Business Standard After playing a few seasons for Delhi, he was selected in the Delhi’s under-19 cricket squad.
- Tejashwi Yadav, a middle-order right-handed batsman, was a part of the Delhi Daredevils’ squad from 2009 to 2012; however, he could never get a place in team’s playing eleven.
- Tejashwi Yadav played 7 domestic matches in his entire cricket career. In those seven matches, he scored just 37 runs and took one wicket. ESPN CricInfo
- Understanding that his cricket career was not taking off, Tejashwi Yadav decided to venture into politics. In 2010, he campaigned for his father, Lalu Yadav, for the first time, ahead of the 2010 Bihar Assembly poll.
- In 2015, at the age of 26, Tejashwi Yadav successfully contested and won his first election from the Raghopur Assembly constituency on the ticket of Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD). In the election, RJD who was a part of Mahagathbandhan (RJD-INC-JDU) won 80 seats out of 243 and emerged as the single largest party in Bihar. Thereby, 26 years old Tejashwi became the youngest ever CM of Bihar and received the public works, forestry and environment department in Nitish Kumar’s cabinet.
- In 2016, Tejashwi Yadav introduced a WhatsApp number on which public could send in their complaints related to damaged roads in their locality. The engineer who monitored the messages on the contact number said,
Out of 47,000 messages received on the number, nearly 44,000 were personal messages proposing marriage to Tejashwi Yadav. Only 3,000 messages were related to road repair. The young women mistook the number as Tejaswi’s own and sent the personal messages.”
Here is what Tejashwi had to say about it,
- He served as the Deputy CM of Bihar from 2015 to 2017. He was the youngest ever person to have chaired the post of a deputy CM.
- In 2017, a CBI case was registered against Tejashwi Yadav, Lalu Yadav, and Rabri Devi for a ‘land for hotel” scam of 2004. As the controversy grew bigger, Nitish Kumar’s JD (U) pulled back its support from Mahagathbandhan and formed a fresh government with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- After the formation of the BJP-JD (U) government in Bihar, RJD’s 27 years old Tejashwi Yadav became the youngest ever leader of opposition in India.
- Prior to the 2020 Bihar Assembly election, almost all the exit polls predicted the formation of Mahagathbandhan, a coalition of JDU, INC, and many left parties, with Tejashwi Yadav as the Cm candidate. However, after a neck and neck competition, Mahagathbandhan (Grand Alliance), with 110 seats, lost to National Democratic Alliance (NDA) who secured 125 seats and formed the government in Bihar. Tejashwi’s RJD emerged as the single-largest party in the election, bagging 75 seats. Also, Tejashwi Yadav won his Raghopur seat from Bihar’s Raghopur Assembly seat by a margin of 38000 votes. The Print
- As per the data shared by My Neta, an open data depository website, Tejashwi Yadav has 11 criminal cases pending against him. My Neta