|Profession(s)||Comedian, Author, Writer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Hair Colour||N/A (Bald)|
|Date of Birth||14 September 1981 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||39 Years|
|School||St. Mary’s School (ISC), Mumbai|
|College/University||Sydenham College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification(s) LinkedIn||B.Com. (1997 – 2000)
M.Com. (2000 – 2002)
|Controversies||Sorabh Pant is trolled a lot on internet and receives many death threats as he has spoken on very contentious topics like beef ban, Modi, Salman Khan. Edexlive|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||12 February 2011
Son– Vikramaditya Pant
Father– Name Not Known (retired Income Tax Commissioner)
Mother– Sujata Pant (retired Income Tax Commissioner)
Sister– Meghna Pant (Author, Journalist)
|Food||Jumbo King’s brown bread vada pao|
|Comedian(s)||• Jaspal Bhatti
• Johnny Lever
• Jon Stewart
|Books||• Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy By Douglas Adams
• Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norell By Susanna Clarke
|Sportsperson(s)||• Rahul Dravid
• Saina Nehwal
• Sushil Kumar
|Musician||• Kishore Kumar
• Freddie Mercury
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sorabh Pant
- Does Sorabh Pant drink alcohol?: Yes
- Sorabh Pant is a famous Indian stand-up comic. He is considered as one of the pioneers of Indian stand-up comedy along with his mentor Vir Das.
- He started as a tv writer, and he has written for shows on Pogo, Star World, CNBC, and ET Now. He worked with Vir Das on the show titled “News on The Loose”. When asked about his first stand-up comedy experience, he said,
Horrific! I was opening for Vir Das in Delhi and I was thrown into the deep end with 500 people in front of me. I was given an 11-minute slot, I finished it in four minutes and I spoke even faster than I usually do. It was an epic disaster. In fact, the first 11 shows I did were disasters!”
- Sorabh has opened for world-famous comedians Wayne Brady and Rob Schneider during their Indian tours. According to Wayne, Sorabh is the second brilliant Indian comedian after Russell Peters.
- Sorabh did his first solo show ‘Pant on Fire’ in 2009. Since then, he has done 5 more specials titled ‘The Traveling Pants,’ ‘Making Money For My Kids,’ ‘Born on Mars,’ ‘Make India Great Again,’ and ‘My Dad Thinks He’s Funny.’ The last two are currently available on Amazon Prime Video.
- The Times of India rated him as one of the top 10 Indian stand-up comics. In a poll by IBN Live in March 2012, he was listed no. 1 of the 30 most interesting Twitter users in India.
- In an interview, Sorabh mentioned that his first voter’s ID had his name as ‘Sulabh Pani’. He also brought up a funny story as to why his mother named him Sorabh. He said,
My mother named me after the Persian legend of Rostam and Sohrab, where Rostam ends up stabbing his son Sohrab to death. Ever since that day, I’m keeping a distance from my father.”
- Talking about his college days he mentioned he was the class clown. He said,
I’d dress up as a devil, go to juniors’ classes and promote events. I nearly got expelled thrice. Some people loved me, but the others hated me absolutely, exactly like the internet. So when I receive insults online, I am unshaken, because I’ve heard it all.”
- He has been associated with Black Dog Easy Evenings, (a flagship events platform for luxury scotch Black Dog) performing all over India with them.
- As of 2020, he has done over 2000 shows in 100 cities across the globe, performed at 400+ corporate shows, and headlined at various colleges.
- Sorabh formed East India Comedy (EIC), a comedy collective in 2012 and recruited India’s top stand-up comedians like Sapan Verma, Sahil Shah, Kunal Rao, Azeem Banatwalla, Angad Singh Ranyal, and Atul Khatri. The collective does YouTube videos, performs comedy shows and corporate events, organizes comedy workshops, and is considered to be India’s busiest comedy company with a record 130 shows across the country in the calendar year 2013. Sorabh left EIC in 2017 to pursue his solo career.
- Sorabh has authored 3 books. His debut novel, ‘The Wednesday Soul’, is a comical take on life after death. It was published in the year 2012 followed by ‘Under Delhi’ in 2014 and ‘Pawan: The Flying Accountant’ in 2017.
- Sorabh has a YouTube channel where he uploads his stand-up comedy videos, podcasts, and interviews he does with fellow comedians and other celebrities. The channel has more than 3,50,000 subscribers.