Shravan Rathod is an Indian music director and composer who is popularly known for being a part of the iconic music composing duo, Nadeem-Shravan. In April 2021, he was hospitalized in Mumbai after being diagnosed with Covid-19.
Shravan Kumar Rathod a.k.a. Shravan Rathod was born on Saturday, 13 November 1984 (age 66 years; as of 2020) in Mumbai, India. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. Shravan Rathod gained interest in music as his father was a classical music maestro. Shravan started practicing at an early age under his father’s guidance.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Shravan Rathod’s father’s name is Pandit Chaturbhuj Rathod. He has two brothers, Roop Kumar Rathod and Vinod Rathod.
Wife & Children
He has two sons, Sanjeev Rathod and Darshan Rathod.
Shravan made his debut in the music industry as a composer with Nadeem Saifi, another music composer in 1972, and together they formed the iconic duo Nadeem-Shravan. The first composition made by the duo was the song ‘Kashi hile, Patna hile’ for the Bhojpuri movie Dangal (1979). The song was sung by the popular playback singer Manna Dey. In 1985, Nadeem-Shravan released the first commercial project ‘Star Ten,’ and the songs in the album were composed using bansuri, sitar, and shehnai. The songs in the album were sung by famous actors like Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff, and many more. Nadeem and Shravan recorded their first independent song under Gulshan Kumar’s T-Series recording label. Later, they made a whole album of songs for the movie Aashiqui which was directed by Mahesh Bhatt. Over the years, Nadeem-Shravan had composed music for several Hindi films, like Saajan (1991), Deewana (1992), Raja (1995), Raja Hindustani (1996), Raaz (2002), and many more. The duo had worked on more than 150 films together, but in 2005, they decided to split up and Shravan focused on building his son’s careers in the Hindi film industry.
Awards, Honours & Achievements
- Filmfare Best Music Director Award in 1991 for Aashiqui
- Filmfare Best Music Director Award in 1992 for Saajan
- Filmfare Best Music Director Award in 1993 for Deewana
- Filmfare Best Music Director Award in 1997 for Raja Hindustani
- Star Screen Best Music Director Award in 1997 for Raja Hindustani
- Star Screen Best Music Director Award in 1998 for Pardes
- Zee Cine Best Music Director in 2003 for Raaz
- Shravan is a spiritual and religious person in nature, and he practices meditation. He believes that it helps him in improving his efficiency during work.
- In an interview, Shravan said that his subconscious brain is always making up rhythms for the music and he writes down that tune. He told during the interview that because of this, the duo has prepared more than one thousand songs over the years.
- In 1990, the compositions made by Nadeem-Shravan were facing a hard time as none of them turned out to be a super hit song. In order to earn money, Shravan decided to start a ready-made clothing business named ‘Composers Collection.’
- The duo was responsible for directing music for the 2002 thriller Raaz. The music composed by them was even appreciated by the English singer, musician, film producer, and songwriter Sir Paul McCartney.
- On 19 April 2021, Shravan Rathod had tested positive for the Covid-19 virus and he was hospitalized in Mumbai. The news was confirmed by his son, Sanjeev Rathod, who also informed that his father is in very critical condition as he has other health problems as well.