Vishal Kudawla, popularly known as Vishnu Vishal, The New Indian Express is an Indian actor and film producer who mainly works in Tamil films. He came into the limelight after playing the role of ‘Arun Kumar’ in the psychological thriller film “Ratsasan” (2018).
Vishnu Vishal was born on Tuesday, 17 July 1984 (age 36 years; as of 2020) in Vellore, Tamil Nadu. His zodiac sign is Cancer.
He attended Tiruchirappalli’s Campion Anglo-Indian Higher Secondary School. He was good at sports in his school days and desired to become a cricketer. After completing his schooling, Vishnu enrolled himself for an engineering course but soon dropped out of it due to his inclination towards cricket. Later, he pursued an MBA in Marketing and Brand Management from Chennai’s SRM Institute of Science and Technology. The New Indian Express
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
His father, Ramesh Kudawla, is a retired DGP from Tamil Nadu police. His mother’s name is Asha Kudawla. He has an elder sister, Anchal Kudawla. Vishnu also has a younger brother named Rudra.
Relationships, Wife & Children
Vishnu Vishal met Rajini Natraj (daughter of the actor K. Natraj) during his college days. Rajini was two years junior to him. The duo fell in love with each other and tied the knot on 2 December 2010 after dating for around four years. The couple has a son, Aryan, who was born on 31 January 2017. They got separated in 2017 and got divorced in November 2018.
Vishnu got engaged to Jwala Gutta (Badminton Player) on 7 September 2020.
As a Cricketer
Vishnu Vishal started his career as a cricketer by playing in the TNCA league games. He also played in the Under-19 cricket team of India.
However, he suffered a leg injury which put an end to his cricket career. After he suffered the injury, Vishnu was bedridden for a few months. During that time he watched films and developed an interest in acting.
As an Actor
Vishnu Vishal made his acting debut in 2009 with the Tamil film “Vennila Kabadi Kuzhu” in which he played the role of ‘Marimuthu.’
Next, he appeared in the films “Bale Pandiya” (2010) and “Drohi” (2010). Some of his popular Tamil films include “Mundasupatti” (2014), “Jeeva” (2014), “Maaveeran Kittu” (2016), “Ratsasan” (2018), and “F. I. R.” (2021).
As a Film Producer
Vishnu Vishal founded his production venture “VV Studioz” in 2015. He made his debut as a producer in 2018 with the Tamil film “Velainu Vandhutta Vellaikaaran.” Subsequently, he produced the films “Katha Nayagan” (2017), “Silukkuvarupatti Singam” (2018), and “F. I. R.” (2021).
- Actor: Rajinikanth
- Travel Destination: Singapore
- Colour: Blue
- Sport: Cricket
- Cricketer: Glenn McGrath
- Vishnu loves swimming and travelling in his leisure time.
- He considers his father his idol.
- In December 2016, Vishnu featured on the cover of the Provoke magazine along with his father.
- Vishnu is an avid animal lover and has a pet dog named Bambi.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym daily.
- Vishnu revealed during an interview that he was an introvert during his college days.
- Vishnu is a part of the Chennai Rhinos team in the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL).
- He has also participated in Celebrity Badminton League and is a part of the Gokulam Chennai Rockers team.
- Vishnu spent three months preparing himself for his role in his debut film “Vennila Kabadi Kuzhu.” He sat in the sun for hours every day to tan his skin in order to look like a Kabaddi player. He even got trained under a Kabaddi coach for five hours a day.
- He changed his name from Vishal to Vishnu when he entered the Tamil film industry. Later, he also added his birth name to his name.