Vanya Mishra is an Indian entrepreneur and a beauty pageant titleholder. She has won the title of Femina Miss India 2012. She also represented India at the Miss World 2012.
Vanya Mishra was born on Thursday 27 February 1992 (age 29 years; as of 2021) in Jalandhar, India. Her zodiac sign is Pisces. Vanya Mishra received her primary education from KB DAV School, Chandigarh. For her higher education, she got enrolled in Punjab Engineering College (PEC), Chandigarh where she studied Bachelor of Engineering. She was a topper of her school as well as of her college.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Vanya Mishra was born in a very middle-class family who lived in Jalandhar, India. She was born to Indian Army officers, Late Major Navneet Mishra, and Ved Mishra. Her father died when Vanya was just two years old. She is the only child of her parents.
She is unmarried and any information about her relationship or boyfriend is also not known.
In 2012, Vanya Mishra participated in Dabur Gulabri Miss Rose Glow 2012. After winning multiple state rounds she became the winner of the contest. Winning the Dabur Gulabri Miss Rose Glow 2012 title helped her to secure a position in the top 20 contestants for Femina Miss India 2012. On March 30, 2012, Pantaloons Femina Miss India World Finale ceremony took place in Mumbai, Maharashtra with the panel of judges including Rohit Shetty, Ekta Kapoor, Sanjeev Bajaj, Sonu Nigam, Harbhajan Singh, and Sakshi Tanwar where Vanya Mishra was crowned with the title of Miss India World 2012. Along with the Miss India World 2012, she also won three subtitles of Maybelline Most Beautiful eyes, Most Beautiful Skin, and Most Photogenic.
Vanya Mishra was also got the opportunity to represent India at the Miss World 2012 pageant held in Ordos, Inner Mongolia, China. Vanya competed with 120 global winners to win the title. She was one of the top scorers at the finale and won two fast-track challenges, Beauty with a Purpose and Social Multimedia. She was among the top 7 contestants of the Miss World 2012 pageant. Vanya Mishra received great appreciation for her journey at the Miss World pageant.
Soon after completing her graduation in 2014, Vanya Mishra with her close friend, Apaksh Gupta started working on her startup idea. The startup, SummerLabel is a digital fashion and lifestyle store which provides thousands of private label to showcase their products. She continued being an entrepreneur till 2017.
- Vanya Mishra started her career at the age of 19 by participating in the Dabur Gulabri Miss Rose Glow 2012.
- She loves eating golgappas and aloo parantha.
- Vanya Mishra, after completing her tenure as Miss India 2012, was offered many acting projects in Bollywood but denied to do any and focused on her studies.
- In 2012, Vanya Mishra was honored with the “Kalpana Chawala Excellence Award.” She received the award from the father of Late Kalpana Chawala.
- Vanya was offered a Tollywood film, Sher, in 2015. She accepted the offer to work in the film, as at this time she was done with her studies. Vanya shoot after shooting for more than 10 days was replaced by another actress. According to the directors of the film, the reason for her replacement was that the chemistry between Vanya and her costar was not looking good on screen. The Times of India
- Her startup, Summer Label rose funding of more than 1 crore within one year from a group of seven Highworth persons. The Economic Times
- Vanya Mishra is associated with various NGOs across the country and she loves doing charity works.
- She is invited to many big institutions such as IIT Delhi, IIM Bangalore, IIT Roorkee, BITS-Pilani as a motivational speaker.
- Vanya has walked the runway for many renowned designers.