Sanchari Vijay was an Indian actor who mainly worked in Kannada films. He won the 62nd National Film Award for Best Actor in the Kannada film ‘Naanu Avanalla…Avalu’ (2015) in which he played the role of a transgender.
Vijay Kumar B. Wikipedia was born on Monday, 18 July 1983 (age 38 years; as of 2021) in Panchanahalli, Kadur, Chikmagalur, Karnataka. His zodiac sign is Cancer. He did his graduation in engineering. Later, he did a diploma in Computer Science. Deccan Herald
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
His father, Basavarajaiah, was an actor, and his mother, Gwramma, was a folk singer. His brother’s name is Siddesh Kumar.
He started his career as a lecturer in a college. He then shifted to Bangalore where he started performing in various theatre plays with the theatre group ‘Sanchari.’ In 2011, he debuted as an actor in the Kannada film ‘Rangappa Hogbitna’ in a cameo role. He appeared in various Kannada films such as ‘Harivu’ (2014), ‘Naanu Avanalla…Avalu’ (2015), ‘Allama’ (2017), and ‘Gentleman’ (2020).
As of June 2021, his two films ‘Aatakuntu Lekakilla’ and ‘Melobba Mayavi’ are under post-production. He sang the Kannada song ‘Dumtaka’ for the film ‘Riktha’ (2017). He acted in a few Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu films.
Awards & Honours
- 62nd National Film Award for Best Actor in the Kannada film ‘Naanu Avanalla…Avalu’ (2015)
- Recognition in the field of entertainment in the ‘Kannadiga’ hosted by News18 (2018)
- Author: Jogi
- Actor(s): Jack Nicholson and Al Pacino
- Film(s): ‘One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest’ (1975), ‘The Shining’ (1980), and ‘The Bucket List’ (2007)
- Food: Raggi Mudde & Bassaru (Curry), Chapati & Ennegayi Palya, Chitranna, and Uppittu
- Singer: Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
- Music Genre: Sufi and Hindustani Music
- Song(s): ‘Blood On The Dance Floor’ and ‘Dangerous’ (by Michael Jackson)
On 11 June 2021, he met with an accident in Bengaluru. Vijay was with friend Naveen riding on his motorcycle which skidded at around 11:45 am and hit an electric pole. Naveen had a fracture in his leg while Vijay had severe head injuries. Both were immediately rushed to the Institute of Neuro Sciences, Apollo Hospitals, Bannerghatta Road, Bangaluru. Vijay had a brain surgery but could not survive, and he was declared dead on 14 June 2021 by the doctors. Talking to the reporters, Sancharis’s brother said,
The brain stem has stopped functioning, so we have decided to donate his organs. Vijay always believed in serving society, which we are fulfilling by donating his organs.”
Many popular Indian celebrities shared their condolences on his demise. Actor Sudeep tweeted,
Very very disheartening to accept that Sanchari Vijay breathed his last. Met him a couple of times just bfr this lockdown,,,, all excited about his nxt film,, tats due for release. Very sad. Deepest Condolences to his family and friends. RIP”
Indian comedian Danish Sait tweeted,
How unfortunate is this, I just saw an article saying he was in the ICU, and now I read this. My condolences to Mr. Sanchari Vijay’s family and friends. Rest in peace sir, your contribution to cinema will live forever. First Post
- In an interview, he talked about making his career as an actor. He said,
I had never imagined that I will end up being an actor. Yes, I did have some qualities like enacting my favourite roles after watching a film or a drama, but all of this was in the past, as later, I started getting serious about education. In fact, even while studying, my friends would notice my acting skills. I worked as a lecturer, and when the college shifted to a far off location, I quit. Then a friend insisted that I join theatre.”
- During an interview, he shared his most challenging scene to perform in the Kannada film ‘Naanu Avanalla…Avalu’ (2015). He said,
There is a scene where crude and illegal surgery is performed. It is done in real life too in Kadapa (a small city in Andhra Pradesh). That was really challenging to perform. But the Censor Board removed the scene.”
- He loved reading books, painting, calligraphy, and travelling.
- In an interview, he talked about his inspiration. He said,
My biggest inspiration is Dr Rajkumar. Despite being such a big actor, he was always humble. He was a perfect example of how a person should be. Whatever the role was, he would immerse himself in it and go out of the way to do justice to the role, even if the process was risky. Dr Rajkumar is a true inspiration to all actors like me. He was a versatile artist as he also used to sing beautifully.”
- He was trained in Hindustani music under his guru Kumar Kanavi.
- Vijay was an avid animal lover and often posted pictures of dogs on his social media accounts.
View this post on Instagram