Radhe Maa is a self-proclaimed Indian god woman. She is one of the controversial spiritual personalities in India.
Radhe Maa was born on Sunday, 4 April 1965 (age 55 years; as in 2020) or Monday, 3 March 1969 (age 55 years; as in 2020) in Dorangala, Gurdaspur in Punjab. Her zodiac sign is Aries or Pisces. She did her schooling up to 10th standard from Govt. L. S. M. Senior Secondary School Dorangala, Gurdaspur. Hindustan TimesIndia TodayYouTube
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
She was born in a Sikh family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father Sardar Ajit Singh was SDC at the Punjab State Electricity Board. Her mother passed away when she was too young. She has two brothers and two sisters, and one of her brother’s name is Sukhbir Singh. Catch News
Relationship, Wife & Children
At the age of 17, she got married to Mohan Singh in 1986. Her husband had a sweet shop in Mukeria, Punjab. The couple has two sons Harjinder Singh (Nishu) and Bhupender Singh (Bunty). Due to financial constraints, Radhe Maa’s husband moved to Doha in Qatar, and Radhe Maa stayed back in Mukeria with her in-laws and two sons. In one of Radhe Maa’s interviews, she said that her both sons were industrialists and her husband was a foreign return.
Journey From Sukhvinder Kaur To Radhe Maa
In her childhood, she used to visit a Maa Kaali temple in her village. She was married in a lower-middle-class family, and due to the poor financial condition of her family, she started working as a tailor. She started her tailor shop with the name ‘Babbu’ tailor, and she used to teach tailoring to local women and girls.
In 1986, her husband shifted from Mukeria to work in a construction company in Doha. Radhe Maa used to remain disturbed after her husband went to Doha. She used to visit local temples for peace of mind where she met ‘Shri Mahan Ramdeen Das’ of 1008 Paramhans Bagh Dera Mukerian in Hoshiarpur.
She got her deeksha or spiritual training from him for almost six months, and he gave her the name ‘Radhe Maa.’ Soon she started organising jagrans and chowkis in her village and nearby villages. As per her Bhakts, the news of her miracles started spreading in her nearby villages and people from neighbouring states started visiting her. While some of her native villagers said that she learnt black magic and started practising it on people. At that time, she used to live a simple life and wear a white dress.
Many business families started calling her for chowkis and jagrans at their home. One of such businessmen was Arun Nanda, a residence of Phagwara, Punjab. In 2002, Nanda organised a jagran on Radhe Maa’s name at his home. When the Bajrang Dal activist and Shiv Sena activist got to know this, they protested for almost three hours infront of Arun Nanda’s house against Radhe Maa for misguiding people about Hindu religion.
When the protest got out of hands, Radhe Maa came out and apologised infront of the media, and as per some sources, she said that she was a normal human being, and she is not an avatar of any goddess.
After that incident, she moved to Delhi, but she continued her chowkis and jagrans in Haryana, Delhi, and Punjab. In of her chowkis in Delhi, the famous Mumbai based businessman, Sanjeev Gupta noticed her and invited her to come to Mumbai for a jagran.
As per Sanjeev Gupta, Radhe Maa predicted something about him which later, turned out to be true, and he became one of his bhakts. He asked Radhe Maa to permanently shift to his residence in Mumbai. Sanjeev Gupta is one of the owners of the famous Mumbai based chain of sweet shops “MM Mithaiwala.”
Radhe Maa started getting popularity among the rich families of Mumbai, and many popular Indian politicians, businessmen, and Bollywood celebrities became her bhakts.
Some of her popular followers include Subhash Ghai, Ravi Kishan, and Dolly Bindra (who later accused Radhe Maa of conducting prohibited activities). Radhe Maa became the brand ambassador of ‘Global advertising agency’ owned by Sanjeev Gupta.
Only after she settled in Mumbai, she started dressing up like a newlywed north Indian bride. She started wearing a red dress, red chura (bridal bangles), holding a Trishul in her hand, and doing heavy makeup. She is always accompanied by Chhoti maa and Talli baba.
She has many controversies to her name, and some of her most talked about controversies are:
- In 2015, a woman named Nikki Gupta filed a case against her in-laws and Radhe Maa for demanding dowry. In an interview to a reporter, Nikki revealed that Radhe Maa instigated her in-laws to demand dowry from her. Nikki further said that Radhe Maa used to physically assault her. Nikki Gupta said,
My husband and in-laws used to say I had not got enough jewellery and cash from my parents.” She also said that she had been tortured. Her lawyer, Kshitij Mehta said the court wasn’t taking cognizance of the matter, while senior inspector M Powar of Kandivali police station said an enquiry will be carried out in the matter.”
Later, the local police involved in the case dropped Radhe Maa’s name from the complaint without taking consent of Nikki. In its objection, Nikki Gupta approached the Bombay High Court. Radhe Maa in her defence said that she did not ask for any dowry and the matter was between Nikki and her in-laws. Radhe Maa said,
I am pure and pious. The complainant is very poor. If I haven’t taken anything from my daughters-in-law, who belong to royal families, then why will I take money from a poor person who doesn’t have anything to eat?” Hindustan Times
- In 2015, the Indian TV actress Dolly Bindra, who was once a follower of Radhe Maa filed a criminal against Radhe Maa for sexual exploitation. Hindustan Times
- A few pictures of Radhe Maa raised the eyebrows of a few people in 2015. The hacker named Santya Haxor hacked Radhe Maa’s official website and uploaded a few private pictures of Radhe Maa in which she was wearing a micro mini dress. Hindustan Times
- Once she was accused of instigating her sister-in-law for suicide. A mahant ‘Shyam Sundar Das’ accused Radhe Maa of murdering her own guru from whom she took the deeksha. India Today
- She made huge controversy when her photos wearing short dresses, videos of dancing on Bollywood songs, and other objectionable videos came out in the media. In some of her videos, she was seen sitting in the lap of her followers and some bhakts were carrying her in their arms. She was even seen lashing out at media people and crying while giving interview to the media people.
Singh House, Bungalow No.9, SBI Staff Gulmohar CHS LTD, Near Kamal Medical, Chikuwadi, Borivali (West), Mumbai 400092
- Her real name is Sukhvinder Kaur. Hindustan Times
- Her nickname is Gudiya and Babbu. YouTube
- Her followers call her ‘Mamtamai Shri Radhe Maa.’ Archive
- In 2015, she was banned from the Nashik Kumbh mela by the Dwarkapeeth Shankaracharya Swami Swarupanand. Mahant Gyandas said,
The entry of pretenders is rising in the sacred arena of sadhus and mahants. Trikal Bhavanta, Radhe Maa, and Sachchidananda, who is a liquor professional, should be restrained from participating in the ‘shahi snan’ (sacred bath).”
- In an interview, the controversial actor -dancer Rakhi Sawant said that Radhe Maa was like a god to her and liked Radhe Maa’s way of dressing.
- In an interview, she said that after a series of controversies against her she was in severe depression and used to take a therapy from Dr Maachiswala (a psychiatrist) for the same.
- She loves red colour which is quite visible from her clothes, her car seat, and her room. In her room where her followers meet her has red curtains, red furniture, red lighting, and a statue of Maa Durga just above her bed.
- Her followers have built Radhe Maa’s temple in her hometown.
- She has a collection of luxury cars, including a customised black Jaguar car.
- In 2018, she appeared in the Hindi film titled ‘Raah De Maa.’
- Her ashrams are in America, Canada, and Japan as well.
- As per one of her interviews, she follows celibacy, she further said that she loves to wear jeans-top and dresses, and her favourite song was “Tumko Mere Dil Ne” from the Hindi film ‘Rafoo Chakkar’ (1974).
- Shri Radhe Guru Maa Charitable Trust in Mumbai was founded by Singh family which is involved in various social services. The trust donates to the poor people, needy women, and poor children. During the coronavirus pandemic in 2020, her trust gives donations to the relief fund and distributed ration to the needy people.
- Many TikTokers made lip sync videos on one of her interviews which got immense popular.
- In 2020, there were rumours that she will be one of the contestants is the popular TV reality show, ‘Bigg Boss 14,’ but the rumours turned out to be fake, and she was only a guest in the show. She appeared in the first two episodes of the show where she was seen giving aashirwad to Jaan Sanu and Siddharth Shukla.