|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 178 cm
in meters– 1.78 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 10”
Film: Thodisi Bewafaii (1980)
TV: P.O.W. Bandi Yuddh Ke (2016)
OTT/Web Series: InMates (2017)
|Date of Birth||23 December|
|Age (as of 2020)||Years|
|Hometown||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||10 April 2013 (Wednesday)|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pramod Pathak
- Pramod Pathak is an Indian actor and director best known for Gangs of Wasseypur (2012), Raees (2017), and Raazi(2019). In 2018, he came into the spotlight with the action crime thriller web television series Mirzapur in which he played the role of JP Yadav.
- Pramod Pathak belongs to a business class Brahmin family, and he hails from Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh. For eight years, he lived in a hostel in Nainital, Uttarakhand to complete his formal education.
- After returning from Nainital, for a year and a half, Pramod tried to run his family business, but eventually, he got disinterested and went to Mumbai seeking a job opportunity. In Mumbai, he worked in a market research company situated in Churchgate, South Mumbai for a year. While pursuing his job, he used to spent his spare time watching various films and dramas, and eventually, he developed a desire to pursue a career in acting.
- Thereafter, in 1996, he joined a theatre group in Mumbai and began his acting career as a theatre artist. Soon, he left his job and decided to pursue acting full-time. During his struggling days, he supplemented his income by writing screenplay dialogues, working as a backstage assistant or a sound operator, providing technical assistance in theatre plays, etc.
- Belonging from an orthodox Brahmin family, initially, Pramod’s parents did not support his desire to pursue a career in the entertainment industry.
- After a long struggle, he secured a cameo appearance in the movie Thodisi Bewafaii (1980). Thereafter, he made brief appearances in various movies like The Legend of Bhagat Singh (2002), Mumbai Cutting (2008), Phas Gaye Re Obama (2010) etc. In 2010, he played the role of police S.P. in the movie Phas Gaye Re Obama.
- In 2012, he came into limelight with the crime film series Gangs of Wasseypur in which he played the role of Sultana Daku.
- Thereafter he appeared in various movies like John Day (2013), City Lights (2014), Raees(2017), etc.
- In 2016, he made his television debut with the web series P.O.W. Bandi Yuddh Ke in which he played the role Duggal which premiered on Star Plus.
- In 2017, he made his digital debut with the show InMates as Janet’s husband. In 2020, he was one of the protagonists on the show Raktanchal in which he played the role of Tripurari.
- In 2018, Pramod Pathak shot to fame with the action crime thriller web television series Mirzapur in which he played the role of JP Yadav.
- Apart from acting, Pramod has also directed a few short films like Signalwaala Ladka (2009), Jaan (2012), Woh Ladka (2013), etc.
References/Sources: [ + ]