Phoebe Bridgers is an American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer who shot to fame with her studio album Punisher (2020), which earned widespread critical acclamation and four Grammy Award nominations, including Best New Artist.
Phoebe Bridgers was born as Phoebe Lucille Bridgers on Wednesday, August 17, 1994 (age 27 years, as of 2021), in Orange County, California.
Since childhood, she was inclined towards music and started playing guitar at the age of 10 after being taught some chords by her father. While attending Sequoyah School in Pasadena, Bridgers created her first band when she was in sixth grade. She frequently played at Sequoyah School talent shows and assemblies. California. Her passion for music was fueled by her mother, Jamie, who had a huge collection of classic rock, folk, and country records and took Phoebe to concerts from a young age. At the age of thirteen, she auditioned for and was accepted to the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts (LACHSA).
Height (approx.): 5′ 1″
Hair Color: Platinum
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Family & Relationships
Parents & Siblings
In an interview, Phoebe revealed that her father was a scenic carpenter. She also said that he was abusive and a drug-addict. GQ Her mom, Jamie Gandola Bridgers, worked a variety of odd jobs, and later, she ventured into stand-up comedy. Her brother’s name is Jaxon Bridgers.
Relationships, Husband & Children
At the age of 20, she met the American singer-songwriter and producer Ryan Adams. Although they had a professional relationship in the beginning, soon it turned into a romantic one. In 2019, along with several other women, Bridgers accused Adams of emotional abuse in a report by The New York Times. The New York Times
Later, Bridgers was rumored to be in a relationship with her touring drummer and musical collaborator Marshall Vore. In an interview in 2020, Bridgers claimed that the song “I See You,” featured in her second album Punisher (2020), is about her ex-boyfriend and drummer Marshall Vore. Sterogum
At the age of fifteen, she opened for the popular American singer Peter Case at the Coffee Gallery at the Scott Gates Concert.
In 2014, she gained recognition when the American singer-songwriter Ryan Adams produced her extended-play mini-album “Killer.” In 2017, she signed with Dead Oceans, an American independent record label based in Bloomington Thereafter, she came into the limelight with her album Stranger in the Alps, which featured a collection of melancholic tracks about intimacy, documenting how our relationships affect the way we view ourselves. In 2018, Bridgers collaborated with the indie singer-songwriters Julien Baker and Lucy Dacus to form the group named Boygenius, which is signed to Matador Records. In October 2018, Boygenius released a self-titled extended play which earned immense appreciation. In June 2020, Phoebe struck stardom with her second album “Punisher,” featuring the song “I See You,” which had fans flooding social media with teary-eyed selfies. The album also included the song “Kyoto” which went to earn the nominations for the Grammy Award (2021) in the categories of “Best Rock Performance” and “Best Rock Song.” In December 2020, Phoebe released the music video for the song “Savior Complex” earned the nomination for Libera Award (2021) in the category of “Video of the Year.”
- In February 2019, Phoebe Bridgers revealed that the American singer-songwriter Ryan Adams pursued her sexually after he helped Phoebe to jumpstart her music career. In 2014, Adams invited Phoebe to the Pax-Am studio one night. Thrilled by her performance, Adams gifted her an expensive vintage guitar and proposed to set her on a professional path. Thereafter, Adams started sending flirty texts to Phoebe and commenced a romance. Soon, the romantic notes turned into obsessive and emotionally abusive text, which insisted Phoebe to prove her whereabouts or leave social gatherings to have phone sex. Through his lawyer, Adams dismissed the allegations. The New York Times
- Band: Metallica
- Singers: Elliott Smith, Tom Waits
- Actress: Megan Fox
- Phoebe Bridgers didn’t have her first drink until she was 19, and she quit drinking as she despised the experience. In an interview, she said,
It just scared the shit out of me. I was like, I don’t want to lose control….I think I’m straight up allergic to alcohol.”
- She went viral on the internet after she took a picture in front of a guy whose t-shirt read ““Roses are red, areolas are pink, show me yours and I’ll buy you a drink” at the Stagecoach Festival (2014). In an Interview, she said,
I took a picture in front of him looking pissed. And then all my friends started texting me to tell me it’s on the front page of Reddit. Nobody knew who the fuck I was. It was very funny.
- Phoebe Bridgers has a sailor jerry heart tattoo inked on her left arm with “Max” inked in the middle. Max was Phoebe’s late pet pug dog.
- She lives in a Silver Lake apartment in Los Angeles, California.
- Phoebe Bridgers belongs to the LTBTQ community. In an interview, she said,
TMI I lost my virginity on high school campus and I wasn’t allowed to sext or allowed to have boys over. Or girls. I wasn’t allowed to have girls sleep in my bed because my parents knew I was bisexual. I felt this weird shame about it”
- Once a fan of hers left a sword piercing a note backstage for her as a gift after a show. Overwehlemed, she thought that the gift was tattoo worthy, and therefore, she inked it on her arm.
- In 2019, Bridgers collaboarted with fellow American singer-songwriter Fiona Apple and Matt Berninger and released the cover of the song “7 O’Clock News/Silent Night,” which featured the lines,
Happy Holidays to everyone whose family has been literally or figuratively torn apart by Donald Trump. And to my racist, xenophobic, misogynistic, hypocritical family members, fuck you.”
Also, during the 2020 United States presidential election, Bridgers vowed to cover “Iris” by Goo Goo Dolls if then-president Donald Trump lost the elections.