Nisha Rawal is an Indian actress, model, and singer. She is popular for playing the role of ‘Soumya Diwan’ in Life OK’s TV serial “Main Lakshmi Tere Aangan Ki” (2011-2012).
Nisha Rawal was born on Tuesday, 18 November 1980 (age 40 years; as of 2020) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
Nisha was a science student. She was inclined towards singing since childhood and took her professional training in singing from Pandit Sanjay Mishra when she was in her teens. While she was in college, Nisha’s relatives and friends often suggested her to try her luck in modelling. When Nisha was 16 or 17 years old, she got her first portfolio shoot done.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 60 Kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 32-26-34
Family & Caste
Nisha belongs to a Rajput family. Bollywood Shaadis
Parents & Siblings
Not much is known about her father. Her mother’s name is Laxmi Rawal. She has a younger brother.
Relationships, Husband & Children
Nisha Rawal met Karan Mehra (actor) for the first time on the sets of the Bollywood film “Hastey Hastey” (2008). The duo soon fell in love and started dating each other.
The couple dated for around six years and tied the knot on 24 November 2012 at Karan’s Noida’s residence. Together, they have a son named Kavish Mehra, who was born on 15 June 2017.
In 2021, there were rumours about troubles in their marriage. However, the duo denied it initially. Later, things turned ugly when Nisha filed a police complaint against Karan alleging that Karan had pushed her against the wall leading to a head injury. She even accused Karan of having an extramarital affair. After her complaint, Karan was arrested by the Goregaon police. He was later released on bail. Reportedly, the couple is going through divorce proceedings at a family court. Times Now News
Nisha started her career as a model. She appeared in TV advertisements of brands like Sunsilk, Coca-Cola, Fem Bleach, and Lacto Calamine.
Nisha also appeared in a few music videos like Chanda Ki Doli Mein (2011) by Sonu Nigam.
Nisha made her television debut in 2001 with the TV serial “Aane Wala Pal.”
She then played the role of ‘Binita’ in the TV serial “Kesar”(2002). She shot to fame after playing the role of ‘Soumya Diwan’ in the Tv serial “Main Lakshmi Tere Aangan Ki” (2011).
In 2012, she participated in the dance reality show “Nach Baliye 5: Season 5” along with her husband, Karan Mehra.
The next year, the husband-wife duo participated in the reality TV show “Nach Baliye Shriman v/s Shrimati.” In 2020, Nisha bagged the role of ‘Chanda Rathore’ in the Tv serial “Shaadi Mubarak.”
She made her film debut in 2008 with the Bollywood film “Rafoo Chakkar” in which she played the role of ‘Milli.’
In the same year, she appeared in the film “Hastey Hastey” as ‘Maya.’
Nisha has also featured in the films “Jack N Jhol” (2010) and “Tom Dick Harry Rock Again” (2011).
In 2021, Nisha accused her husband Karan Mehra of pushing her against the wall and causing a head injury after a fight between the two. Nisha filed a complaint against Karan in the Goregaon police station after which Karan was arrested by the cops. Later, he was released on bail. However, Karan denied the accusations and alleged that it was Nisha who entered his room and began shouting and spitting at him. He said that the huge fight erupted as he refused to pay the ‘huge’ alimony demanded by his wife. He also said that he did not harm Nisha physically, instead she herself hit her head against the wall and threatened to ruin his image. Hindustan Times
- Cuisine(s): Indian, Chinese
- Beverage: Coffee
- Musician: George Michael
- Colour(s): Black, Turquoise, White
- Song: Pehla Nasha from the film “Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar” (1992)
- Nisha is often spotted drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes.
- Nisha loves singing, playing musical instruments, and cooking in her leisure time.
- She is fluent in four languages- Hindi, English, Marathi, and French.
- Nisha is an avid animal lover. She owned a pet dog named Love Rawal Mehra (Lovely Singh), who died on 11 April 2021.
- In an Instagram post, she shared that she runs 6 Instagram accounts. Five of them are @kavishmehra, @inspigramquotes, @rootsandwingsman, @themotherhoodchronicles_tmc, and @missnisharawal.
- Nisha owns a BMW.
- In 2020, Nisha received the Bharat Icon Award for “Most Inspiring Social Media Personality.”
- Nisha has sung the covers of many Bollywood songs, and she has uploaded them on her YouTube channel named ‘Nisha Rawal.’ The channel was created by Nisha on 18 August 2018. She has around 26.4K subscribers on her channel (as of 2021).