Nimra Bucha is a Pakistani television and film actress known for performing stereotypical roles onscreen. Her most popular work includes Daam, Mera Yaqeen, Sabz Pari Lal Kaboter, Virasat, Baandi, Ek Nazar meri Taraf, and Churails.
Nimra Bucha was born on Friday, 21 November 1980 (age 40 years; as of 2020) in Karachi, Pakistan. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. Nimra attended a local school in Karachi for her primary education. Nimra Bucha was interested in drama since childhood and participated in various acting and drama events at her school. Later, she moved to the United States for studying drama at Bard College, New York.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Nimra Bucha was born in a well-educated family in Karachi, Pakistan. Her father served as a caption in Pakistan Airlines, and her mother was a homemaker.
Nimra Bucha’s brother, Babar Bucha, is a commercial pilot. Her sister, Sana Bucha, is one of the most famous journalists in Pakistan.
Nimra Bucha was interested in acting and drama since childhood. She began her career working as a theatre artist for almost 12 years in Traverse Theatre in Edinburgh, Scotland. She then moved back to her hometown, Karachi, Pakistan, and started giving auditions for roles in television dramas. In 2010, Nimra made her acting debut with ARY Digital television drama serial ‘Daam’ as ‘Aasma’ alongside Sanam Baloch, Aamina Sheikh, and Adeel Hussain. Her first performance left everyone stunned and is still counted as one of the most powerful performances delivered by her. Next, she appeared as ‘Soni’ in the drama serial ‘Parsa’ which also earned her a lot of recognization. Nimra worked as a supporting character for various shows including ‘Mastana Mahi,’ ‘Ghar Aur Ghata,’ ‘Ek Nazar Meri Taraf,’ ‘Mera Yaqeen,’ ‘Sabz Pari Laal Kabootar,’ ‘Baandi,’ and ‘Akhri Station.’
Nimra Bucha made her acting debut in 2015 with the blockbuster Pakistani biographical drama film ‘Manto,’ where she was starred with main lead Sarmad Khoosat. Thereafter, she appeared in many blockbuster Lollywood films including ‘Ho Mann Jahan,’ ‘Jeewan Hathi,’ ‘Azaad,’ and ‘Senti Aur Mental.’
In 2020, Nimra Bucha appeared in a lead role as ‘Batool Jan’ for Zindagi Original Pakistani drama web series ‘Churails’ along with Sarwat Gilani, Mehar Bano, and Yasra Rizvi. According to the critics, it could have proved to be a game-changer for Pakistan’s entertainment industry but it faced a strong backlash in Pakistan as it featured women drinking alcohol, wearing what is considered questionable clothes in the conservative society, and using foul language. One portion of the society praised the performances of the lead actresses while others criticised them for performing such roles.
- Food: Roti, Biryani
- Fruit: Mango
- Film: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (Bollywood) YouTube
- Colour(s): Black, White
- Nimra Bucha spent 12 years of her life in London working as a theatre artist in Traverse Theatre.
- Nimra Bucha worked as a voice-over artist for Pakistan’s most popular animated film ‘3 Bahadur: Rise of the Warriors.’
- On 11 December 2020, Disney+ declared Nimra Bucha as a part of Hollywood’s Ms. Marvel series.
- Nimra Bucha follows a non-vegetarian diet. YouTube
- Nimra loves spending time with her teenage kid and gets involved in the various activities he performs at home. She often posts pictures of their activities on her social media account.
- Her favourite quote is
A girl walking to a school is a nation marching to its shiny destiny. Want to make the world a safer place? Arm your daughters with books.”
- Nimra Bucha is a huge fan of Indian Bollywood Cinema. During an interview, Nimra confessed that she has watched the Indian blockbuster movie Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (DDLJ) an uncountable number of times. YouTube
- Nimra Bucha reposted Karan Johar‘s Instagram post for legendary actor Lt. Rishi Kapoor’s demise on her Instagram account.
- Nimra Bucha has featured on the Top 100 TrailBlazers 2020 list by HELLO! Pakistan magazine.
- During the Covid 19 pandemics, Nimra Bucha became a helping hand for the people suffering due to the pandemic. She used her social media accounts to enhance her reach for the cause.
- Nimra Bucha is an animal lover.