Niki Mehra is an Indian model, blogger, and social media influencer who is well-known for her unique and bold style of fashion. She blogs about various beauty tips, fashion hacks, travel destinations, lifestyle, etc. under the hashtags: #NMRethinks and #hacksbyniki.
Niki Mehra was born as Nikita Mehra TGLB on Monday, 2 August 1993 (age 27 years; as of 2020), in New Delhi, India. She pursued an honor’s degree in economics from Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi. YouTube Thereafter, she pursued a master’s degree in economics from the South Asian University, New Delhi. YouTube In an interview, she revealed that during her childhood days, she used to paint her face with her mother’s makeup and click pictures all the time. She said,
My mom has studied fashion design and my dad is a hardcore business guy so I think I always had the knack for fashion entrepreneurship. As I grew older, I really started enjoying fashion and makeup and I knew this is what I wanted to do.”
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Niki Mehra’s father, Rajiv Mehra, is an entrepreneur. Her mother is a fashion designer, and her brother is an investment banker.
Relationships, Husband & Children
In a Tedx Talks video, she revealed that her ex-boyfriend broke up with her because his parents weren’t comfortable with Niki displaying her lifestyle over her social media accounts. YouTube Later, in 2018, Niki met Sid Madan during the extravagant London Fashion Week, and their work trip turned out to be the onset of their relationship.
In 2016, midway through her master’s degree, she realised that economics was not her passion, and she partly ventured into fashion blogging for recreation because her academics were quite tough and challenging. Surprisingly, by the end of 2016, she gained a significant growth in her audience, hence, she decided to pursue blogging full-time. In an interview, she said,
This whole plan of mine was a secret. Nobody other than my best friend who helped me click pictures for my blog knew about it. I had told myself if I am not able to connect to those many individuals in a year, then nobody ever has to know and I can go back to the life I had worked towards for 23 years; that of being an economist.”
While her blog was still progressively budding, she was hired as a brand ambassador for a leading crystal jewellery brand, Swarovski, for their international campaign. Thereafter, she made her way to Paris by winning the ‘Style Your Way to Paris Contest’ by Swarovski.
Another golden milestone which marked Niki Mehra’s career came when she was chosen by the high-end sportswear brand ‘Puma’ to interview the Hollywood celebrity, Rihanna, with respect to her then newly launched beauty brand ‘Fenty collection.’
Later, she was featured in popular magazines spreads like Cosmopolitan India, Grazia, Wedlook and Vogue India. Through her widespread digital platform, she was able to sustain a regular income. Thereafter, she worked with various well-known brands like Maybelline, Kerastase, H&M, Forever21, Amazon, etc.
- Subject: Economics
- Actress: Priyanka Chopra, Blake Lively
- Cuisine(s): Chinese and Indian
- TV Show: Game of Thrones (2011)
- A lesser-known fact about Niki is that she was an extraordinarily intelligent student, and she wanted to become an economist. It was due to her exhausting academic curriculum that she decided to start blogging for recreation which she later pursued full-time.
- To her utter disappointment, she was slammed and taunted by her narrow-minded relatives who considered modelling and fashion to be a disrespectful career option. Although, her mother was supportive throughout her career, but, Niki’s family often compared to her well-settled brother who is a graduate from IIM Ahmedabad, and later, he started working as an investment banker. In an interview, she said,
My family wasn’t comfortable with the idea of me venturing into this field, partly because the concept was so new in India that barely anyone understood it and partly because I had given up a fancy job and was working from home aka in their eyes ‘sitting idle’ with no money.”
- In 2018, Niki Mehra revealed that she will appear as a contestant on an international fashion reality show The Fashion Hero Season-2 (2021), a modelling contest which aims at celebrating diversity and overturning the perception of beauty.
- In March 2020, Niki Mehra’s boyfriend, Sid Madan proposed Niki in London, England where he recreated their first date. With the London Eye in the backdrop, the fairytale proposal went viral on the internet. In 2018, they met at the extravagant London Fashion Week, and their work trip soon turned out to be a date. Two years later, the same romance was recreated, and Niki only thought it was their second anniversary celebration.
References [ + ]