Niharika Nm is a Los Angeles-based Indian YouTube sensation who is widely known for her humorous ‘Types’ video series which includes Types Of Eaters, Types Of People In An Elevator, and Types Of Relatives. She is popular for her comical Bangalorean accent and relatable content.
Niharika Nm was born on Friday, 4 July 1997 (age 24 years; as of 2021), in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. She spent her childhood in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Her zodiac sign is Cancer. In her TEDx talks video, she revealed that she surpassed her parents’ expectations when she scored above 90% in her ICSE board exams. This extraordinary academic achievement instigated her to pursue the science stream. Thereafter, she joined the IIT coaching classes, but she failed to taste success in the JEE examinations. In 2015, she pursued a Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science at BMS College of Engineering, Bengaluru. After completing her graduation, she went on to pursue a Master of Business Administration at Chapman University, California. LinkedIn
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Family and Ethnicity
In 2016, Niharika Nm began her journey as a YouTuber when she uploaded her first video titled ‘Types Of People On Birthdays.’ In an interview, she revealed that she established her YouTube channel for amusement and to take a break from her hectic academic schedule. Thereafter, she uploaded numerous “Types” videos in which she comically portrayed the types of people of a particular category. Meanwhile, she continued to pursue her graduation. Although her videos gained immense appreciation, she discontinued making them as she was unable to simultaneously focus on academics and content creation. After moving to the US, she resumed creating content when Instagram launched the Reels feature. In an interview, she said,
There was no other excuse to avoid creating content. Also, it is easier to hold audience attention for 15 to 20 seconds than it is for 15 minutes.”
She struck stardom in 2018 with her YouTube video titled ‘Types Of Students During An Exam,’ which went viral on the internet.
Although she created various hit reels on her Instagram account, it was her breakthrough Reel titled ‘One Way Street It is,’ which brought her to the forefront. The reel earned 10 million views within ten days, accelerating Niharika’s growth significantly.
Niharika became one of the fastest-growing digital content creators on Instagram, surpassing 1 million followers within two months of establishing her account. In 2020, she made a guest appearance in ‘Behensplaining,’ a weekly show on Netflix’s YouTube channel. The show features Indian YouTube sensations Kusha Kapila and Srishti Dixit, streaming and humorously reviewing various films and shows.
- Food: Biryani, Sambar, & Dal
- Content Creator(s): Bretman Rock, Liza Koshy & David Dobrik
- Actor: Mahesh Babu
- Born in Chennai, brought up in Bengaluru, and pursuing post-graduation in California, Niharika holds an extremely diverse taste in comedy which includes Hollywood actors Jim Carrey, and Rowan Atkinson, as well as South Indian actors Brahmanandam, Vadivelu, Vivek, Santhanam, and Vennela Kishore.
- She can speak in five different languages Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada.
- Niharika is the first solo creator who has twice represented India at YouTube Creators For Change, a global initiative that focuses on amplifying the voices of YouTubers who are tackling difficult social issues with their channels. In 2018, she became an ambassador for YouTube Creators For Change.