Muyiwa Ademola Authentic, Instagram better known as Muyiwa Ademola, is a Nigerian actor, filmmaker, film producer, film director, scriptwriter, and businessman. He is known for his performance in the Nigerian films “Ori” (2004), Indomie Lomo (2004), and “Igi owo” (2007).
Muyiwa Ademola was born on Tuesday, January 26, 1971 (age 50 years; as of 2021), in Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria. His zodiac sign is Aquarius. Muyiwa did his elementary schooling at Christ Church School, Ibadan, and went to St. David’s High School at Molete in Ibadan to pursue his high school education. While in school, he obtained the West Africa Secondary School Certificate. After completing his schooling, Muyiwa joined the Great Nigeria Insurance Company as a sales executive and worked there for a year. He then obtained a certificate in Chemistry from an institute in London. Thereafter, he pursued a Bachelor of Education degree in Adult Education from the University of Ibadan. While Muyiwa was in elementary school, he tried acting for the first time. During one of the school plays, his classmate who was cast for the lead role in the play had an accident and could not perform. At that time, Muyiwa was picked up as his replacement by the school teachers. A similar incident occurred when he was in secondary school. Muyiwa replaced Ishola Ogunsola’s son who was earlier cast for a play. Despite being a science student, his interest in acting earned him the position of the Director of Publicity in the School’s Press Club. He had a corner on the school’s bulletin board named Muyi’s corner where he put up short poems, jokes, and cartoons. In his college days, he started writing scripts.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Muyiwa is the son of Isiah Ademola and Rebecca Ademola.
Relationships & Wife
Thereafter, he was in a relationship with a woman, who gave birth to their twins. Muyiwa got married to Omolara Ademola on 23 June 2006 after dating her for around four years. Together, they have three children.
Muyiwa was introduced to the Nigerian film industry through Charles Olumo (Yoruba actor). He then met a movie director named S.I Ola, who taught him acting and film production. Muyiwa made his acting debut in 1991 with a Yoruba film. Four years later, he produced his first-ever written script into a film titled “Asise” (1995). In 2004, he directed and featured in the Yoruba film “ORI.” His film won the best indigenous film at the 1st Africa Movie Academy Awards in 2005.
Subsequently, he featured in films like “Ogo Pupa” (2008), “Fimidara Ire” (2017), and “Oko Gbarada” (2019).
Apart from being an actor, director, and producer, he is also the CEO of Muy Authentic Presentations, a film production company in Nigeria. He founded a YouTube channel named MUY Authentic TV in July 2015 on which he uploads entertainment videos.
- Muyiwa loves reading, meeting people, watching movies, and listening to music in his leisure time.
- He grew up in an economically weak family in Abeokuta. During an interview, Muyiwa shared that they were financially so weak that his father never owned a motorcycle. He also shared that his family didn’t have a TV until he was in secondary school.
- While sharing the details about his childhood in an interview, Muyiwa said,
I grew up in one of the “slummiest” slums in Ibadan. No electricity for several years, I had to make use of “kuufin” (local lamp) while reading for my SSCE (We had only one lantern which no one dare touch). I had my university education 13 years after my sec school, yet I’m being celebrated in this manner.”
- Muyiwa is fluent in two languages- English and Yoruba.
- Talking about his role in the Yoruba film ‘Bipolar’ (2019), Muyiwa said,
I play the role of a psychiatrist who discovers that a lady has bipolar. It is a film I like all Nigerians to watch as we talk about an issue most people ignore. Both the rich and the poor suffer from it; there is a need to show love to people living with bipolar. If you don’t do that, they will get to a point where they think everyone hates them, and committing suicide becomes the next option.”
- In an interview, Ademola shared that there was a time in his life when he was so depressed that he felt that it was his end as an actor. It was his wife at that time who assured him that it was just a passing phase. Talking about it, he said,
I felt depressed during that period. I had stories that once you saw them, you would just go home and sleep. I felt dejected and thought it was over for me as an actor. But my wife helped me through those times. She assured me that it was a passing phase and it was actually one.”
- In January 2013, Muyiwa met with a fatal accident, in which he almost lost his life.
- Muyiwa once announced that he had started politics and that he would run for senator in the 2023 general election. However, later he said that he had no interest in politics.
- Muyiwa has directed, produced, and featured in around 100 Yoruba movies as of 2021.