The heir of an aristocratic family of Odisha, Mahimananda Mishra is a dynamic and self-made entrepreneur. He has achieved great heights and established OSL Group as one of the largest corporates across the East Coast of India.
Son of late Rabindra Nath Mishra, Mahimananda Mishra was born on Thursday, 7 May 1953 (age 67 years; as of 2020). An alumnus of Christ College in Cuttack, he has had leadership skills since his college days. Mishra was the President of the Students’ Union in the year 1971-72, and he also served as the president of the Students’ Union of MS Law College, Odisha from 1974-75.
Hair colour: Black
Eye colour: Brown
Family & Caste
Mahimananda Mishra comes from a Brahmin family.
Parents & Siblings
Mr Mishra’s father is Late Rabindra Nath Mishra and mother is Late Urmila Mishra. Mahimananda Mishra is the only son among ten siblings
Relationships, Wife & Children
Mahimananda Mishra is married to Minati Mishra. He has two sons, Chandan Mishra and Charchit Mishra.
Oriya Bazar, Cuttack – 753001
After completing his post-graduation from Utkal University, Mishra started his stevedoring venture in 1978 and took charge of cargo operations at Paradip Port for the next thirty years.
With sheer dedication and hard work, he established OSL Group as one of the largest corporates across the East Coast of India. A stevedoring and cargo handling company, OSL Group handles over 35 million tonnes of cargo in different sectors.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Best Entrepreneurship Award presented by Shri Naveen Patnaik, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Odisha.
- Business Leader of the Year Award, 2010 presented by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Odisha for his remarkable achievement of developing Gopalpur Port into a World-Class Port.
- Along with handling cargo and stevedoring, Mishra also deals in other port-related activities including chartering, intra-port transportation, freight forwarding, port-developing, and mining.
- He has also forayed into the field of hospitality and education.
- Mahimananda Mishra is the sole authorized wholesale distributor and stockist for a number of leading FMCG products and leading MNCs in the state of Odisha. Among the many other avenues, the OSL group has a presence in Oil and Gas explorations and allied services, manning at various mega plants, FTWZ, Tank Farm, and Luxury merchandise retailing.