Madison Taylor Baez is an American actor and singer. She is known for playing the role of young Selena Quintanilla in Netflix’s “Selena: The Series” (2020).
Madison Taylor Baez was born on Thursday, February 24, 2011 (age 9 years; as of 2020), in Orange County, California. Her zodiac sign is Pisces.
She has studied music at Molly Music School, Orange County. She is receiving training in vocals from Heidi Rojas, songwriter and singer. She is also training in acting from Gray Studios, an institute by the actor David Barry Gray.
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Family & Ethnicity
She is of Hispanic descent. The Mujerista Her father’s name is Chris Baez; her father manages her career.
Her mother’s name is Mary Baez.
Madison was introduced by her father to the music when she was a three-year-old child. When she was just four years old, her father was diagnosed with Stage 4 Colon Cancer. Over the next few years, she learned and dedicated herself to music to make her father feel happy and better throughout many surgeries and chemo treatments. She used to sing to her father every day at his bedside during his hospital stays; she learned songs from her father’s iTunes collection and sang them to him. She then began singing at Orange County, and later all around California at charity, cancer, and sporting events as well as local fairs and schools. She first came on the national stage when she renditioned the Unites States’ national anthem at stadiums and arenas in front of hundreds of thousands of fans for the LA Dodgers, LA Rams, LA Lakers, LA Kings, LA Galaxy, and Harlem Globetrotters. After which, she was named America’s “Anthem Girl.” Tresa Magazine
In 2020, she released her debut Christmas album ‘Blingle Bells.’
She made her acting debut with the American short film ‘The Tooth Racket’ (2019) as a ‘girl.’
Madison made her television debut with the role of young Selena Quintanilla in the Netflix series ‘Selena: The Series’ (2020).
- Food: Cheeseburger, Chiki Cheese Fries, Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Singer(s): Bruno Mars, Freddie Mercury, Adele
- Song(s): ‘Bidi Bidi Bom Bom’ by Selena Quintanilla, ‘Respect’ by Aretha Franklin, ‘I Want You Back’ by The Jackson 5
- Baseball Team: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Basketball Team: Los Angeles Lakers
- American Football Team: Los Angeles Rams
- Subject: Maths
- Color: Blue
- Film: Avengers: Endgame (2019)
- In her spare time, she likes to paint, play football and soccer, and cook. She also spends time hanging around with her friends or playing video games.
- She came to know about Selena Quintanilla through her parents who were huge fans of the singer. While preparing for her role as Selena, she took ideas from the film ‘Selena’ (1997). According to her,
I watched the movie, I researched her, she’s one of my idols and she inspires me to follow my dreams. I also toured Corpus Christi, Texas, Selena’s hometown, and met a few members of the Quintanilla family. I watched all of Selena’s singing videos throughout her career, especially videos of her at my age. I learned to sing in Spanish, which was fun, as well as learn a little Texas accent. Getting into character the first time started when the stylist had to cut my long hair to my shoulders and gave me Young Selena’s hairstyle. I then put on the clothes from back in those days, and I remember standing and looking in the mirror and I was like WOW!! I’m Young Selena. It was a surreal moment.”
- She knows how to play six instruments and especially likes to play the piano and electric guitar.
- She is an avid dog lover and has two dogs named Jax and Oreo.
- She has appeared in advertisements for brands like Fujifilm, McDonald’s, Chevrolet, and Walmart.
- She also has a Youtube channel in which she posts the covers of songs. She has more than 800K people subscribed to her channel.
- She has also been featured on ABC’s comedy show ‘Kids Say The Darndest Things’ in which she performed Beyonce’s ‘Listen.’
- She has also been featured in other national television shows on The Good Day LA Show, !E Channel, Inside Edition, Telemundo, NBC4 California Live Show, NBC6 Florida In The Mix Show, CBS2, NBC4, FOX11, KTLA5, KCAL9, and ABC7 News Stations.
- She has been named as one of the ten ‘Rising Latinx Stars under 25 gearing up to take over Hollywood’ on Hola Magazine.
- Her film ‘The Tooth Racket’ (2019) became the winner for best comedy award at the Hollywood Just 4 Shorts Festival.