|Full Name||Nishant Singh Tanwar YouTube|
|Nickname(s) YouTube||Joke Singh, The Rider|
|Profession||Stand-up Comedian, Live Streamer, Rapper|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 173 cm|
in meters– 1.73 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 8”
|Hair Colour||N/A (Bald)|
|Debut||Rap: (2020) Mere Desh Ki Kahani|
|Date of Birth||7 November 1982 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||38 Years|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Air Force School, Jamnagar, Gujarat|
|Tattoo(s)||• A tattoo on his right bicep saying ‘JOKE’ with a mic in between|
• A Chinese character on his left bicep
• Another tattoo on his right arm
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||14 February 2011 (Monday)|
|Children|| Son– Neil Tanwar|
Daughter– Name not known
|Parents|| Father– Jagdish Singh Tanwar|
Mother– Name not known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nishant Tanwar
- Does Nishant Tanwar drink alcohol?: Yes
- Nishant Tanwar, also known by his stage name ‘Joke Singh,’ is a famous Indian stand-up comic. His other nickname ‘The Rider’ is given to him because of his YouTube streaming channel by the name of ‘RIDER OP‘ which he started during the COVID 19 pandemic.
- When asked about his school life in an interview, he mentioned that he was an introvert. He said,
I was the youngest one in my class and everybody used to bully me a lot. Humour was always a defense mechanism against bullying, as I used to give my bullies unbeatable comeback jokes. That’s how my sense of humor developed gradually.”
- Nishant started working at a BPO in Gurgaon in 2003 where he met Rukshi for the very first time. Rukshi quit 15 days later to study mass communication and later joined NDTV as a Television Producer. In 2005 Nishant quit his job at the BPO to try for a position at the same firm where he finally got a job as an unpaid intern. Soon he was promoted to assistant producer.
- While working at NDTV, Nishant started doing open mics in 2009. In 2012 a photo of Nishant was published on the 3rd page of a newspaper and his boss got to know about his stand-up comedy. She gave him an ultimatum that either he could continue his job or do stand-up. He chose stand-up over his job and according to him, that is the best decision he ever made.
- Nishant struggled a lot at the beginning of his career. During an interview for his special ‘the Mahacool tour,’ he said,
Papa ne ek cousin bhaiya ke saath business join karne ka idea diya. Wo bhi samajh mein nahi aaya kyonki bachpan se kuch alag, kuch apna aur kuch aukaat se bahar karne ka mann tha. Jamnagar chor kar delhi mein call centre mein job ki kuch saal survive karne ke liye. Uske baad ek news channel mein job lag gayi. Wahan par kaam karte hue saath mein Delhi ke Malviya Nagar mein ek chota sa restaurant khola. Kaafi sahi chal raha tha jab tak ek din sealing drive mein wo bhi seal ho gaya. After that I tried starting an online portal. Which couldn’t even go live because of my lack of planning and business sense. Kaafi failure dekhe hain par aukaat se bahar kaam karne ki aadat nahi gayi. Ek baar phir se kar raha hu…The Mahacool Tour of 17 cities.”
- As of 2020, Nishant has performed in over 14 countries like the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Netherlands, and many more. He is one of the very few Indian comedians who got featured on Comedy Central’s site. His shows were also aired on Comedy Central Asia and Comedy Dangal on & TV. He has released two comedy specials on Amazon Prime Video by the name of ‘Dilli Se Hoon B*@!&#%D’ in 2018 and ‘Gaadi Tera Bhai Chalayega’ in 2019.
- He has his own merchandise which he sells through his website nishanttanwar.com.
- Nishant founded IPL (Improv Premier League), one of Delhi’s best improv comedy group. He also conceptualized India’s first heckler’s show titled ‘Please Interrupt’. It was a show based on the interactions between the comedian and the audience.
- Nishant claims to be a big fan of hip-hop. This year he released his debut rap song to celebrate India’s 74th Independence Day. The song is titled “Mere Desh Ki Kahani.” He expresses his love for his country and hip-hop through this song.
- He has a YouTube channel by his name where he uploads his stand-up videos on a regular basis. He also runs a podcast on his channel titled “Mahacool baatein” where he interviews fellow comedians and other influencers.