G V Sanjay Reddy is the Vice Chairman of GVK, a conglomerate with interests in energy, airports, transportation, hospitality, life sciences, and realty.
G V Sanjay Reddy was born on Wednesday, 18 November 1964 (age 56 years; as of 2021) in Chennai. His hometown is Hyderabad. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. G V Sanjay Reddy holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering from Purdue University and an MBA from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
Height (approx.): 6′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 90 kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
G V Sanjay Reddy was born in a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Dr GV Krishna Reddy, and his mother’s name is Mrs Indira Reddy.
Relationships, Wife & Children
He is married to Aparna aka “Pinky” Reddy, and the couple has a son, GV Keshav Reddy who is married to Veena Reddy. G V Sanjay Reddy’s daughter, Mallika Reddy Indukuri, is married to Sidharth Reddy Indukuri.
While he is involved in all verticals of businesses, he was mainly instrumental in making GVK the leading private airport operator in India through the development of Mumbai International Airport (2006-2021), and Bengaluru International Airport (2009–2017).
G V Sanjay Reddy founded GVK Biosciences in 2001, now AragenLife Sciences, a global Contract Research and Development Organization (CRDO) providing research and development services to the biopharma and life sciences industry.
Enabling its customers to bring their products to market in a fast yet cost-efficient manner, it has a team of over 2500+ well-qualified scientists, backed by rigorous processes, scalable practices, modern facilities and a strong customer-centric partnering approach, making it India’s leading CRDO.
In 2016, he created a new entity, Excelra Knowledge SolutionsPvt. Ltd., a leading Informatics Solutions company that leverages its extensive scientific knowledge base, technology and relevant domain expertise to provide intelligent data and analytics solutions to customers globally.
Excelra’s solutions focus on accelerating drug development by leveraging our state-of-the-art AI/ML-powered discovery engine, coupled with our deep domain expertise in pharmacology/ medicinal chemistry and advanced technology solutions powering seamless cloud strategy at the enterprise level covering data governance, visualisation & integrated workflows focussing on data & process optimisation.
Excelra provides services to the biopharma industry serving 90+ customers, including the top 15 out of the 20 pharmaceutical companies, with a diverse resource pool of 500+ employees.
He is also actively involved with the GVK EMRI 108 service, the world’s largest PPP model emergency ambulance service.
It is the only organized, professional and free emergency ambulance service provider in the country, currently operating the 108 Emergency Response Service in 15 states and 2 Union Territories. Employing around 50,000 people, the service covers 850 million people and saves lakhs of lives annually through its 14,000 state-of-the-art ambulances.
Awards & Honours
- 2021: G V Sanjay Reddy has been conferred with the Best Industrial Engineering Alumni award by Purdue University.
- 2016: G V Sanjay Reddy delivered the keynote speech at the Commencement ceremonies at Purdue University.
- 2015: G V Sanjay Reddy was the keynote speaker for the Commencement ceremonies at the University of Michigan, Stephen M. Ross School of Business.
- 2015: G V Sanjay Reddy was felicitated with the Game Changer Award – for his Tremendous contribution in the fields of travel, tourism and hospitality, at the India Travel Awards held in Vizag.
- 2015: G V Sanjay Reddy was felicitated by the CNBC Awaaz channel for creating the iconic Terminal 2 at Mumbai International Airport.
- 2014: G V Sanjay Reddy was honoured with the Conde Nast India Traveller Excellence Award for shining the World’s spotlight on India through the brilliance of Terminal 2 at Mumbai International Airport.
- 2014: His deeply entrenched passion for Art fuelled his redesign and visionary makeover of Terminal 2 at Mumbai International Airport, winning him the Forbes India Art Award.
- 2010: In recognition of his extensive career accomplishments, G V Sanjay Reddy was declared the “Emerging Business Leader of the Year” at the AIMA Managing India Awards.
- 2009: G V Sanjay Reddy received The India Leadership Conclave Business Achiever – Infrastructure Company of the Year award.
- 2007: G V Sanjay Reddy was one of the 25 Indians chosen as Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum, Geneva.
- He is an avid marathon runner, golfer, and art collector. He also loves adventure sports.
- A keen sports enthusiast and an active marathoner, G V Sanjay Reddy began his running career in August 2015 by initially participating in eight Half Marathons across the country and one in Geneva in 2016. He then set his sights on completing six major World Marathons namely Berlin, London, New York, Boston, Tokyo and Chicago. He ran his first full marathon in Berlin on 24 September 2017, followed by London on 22 April 2018, New York on 4 November 2018 and Boston on 14 April 2019.
- G V Sanjay Reddy currently serves on the Purdue-India Executive Council and is also a member of the Advisory Board of the Ross Business School, The University of Michigan.
- He has served as the Chairman of the Southern Region Council and Chairman of Infrastructure Council of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- G V Sanjay Reddy is an active member of the Young President’s Organization (YPO) the Chief Executives Organization (CEO).
- He is on the Board of the Jagdish and Kamala Mittal Museum of Indian Art.