Divya Bhatnagar is an Indian television actress. She is famous for playing the role of Gulabo in the popular TV serial ‘Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai’ (2009).
Divya was born on 15 September in Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She did her schooling from Vidya Bhavan Girls Senior Secondary School, Delhi. Later, she attended Delhi University. Facebook
Height (approx.): 5′
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Late Vinay Kumar Bhatnagar who worked at Research and Analysis Wing (RAW). Her mother’s name is Dolly Bhatnagar. She has one younger brother, Devashish Bhatnagar.
Relationships, Husband & Children
In 2015, she got engaged to her long-time boyfriend Gagan that too without the consent of their parents. Gagan is an Indian celebrity manager and line producer. Reportedly, Divya’s parents were not happy with their relationship as it was an inter-caste relationship. On 22 December 2019, Divya and Gagan secretly got married in a private ceremony in a gurudwara. Bollywood Shaadis
She started her career as an actor in the Hindi TV serial ‘Chand Ke Paar Chalo’ (2006). Divya has appeared in various Hindi TV serials and has mainly played the supporting roles. Some of her popular TV serials are ‘Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai’ (2009), ‘Sawaare Sabke Sapne… Preeto’ (2011), ‘Shrimaan Shrimati Phir Se’ (2018), and ‘Tera Yaar Hoon Main’ (2020).
She has also appeared in a few TV commercials including Bayar and Visa Debit card.
- Food: Home Cooked Rajma Chawal
- Colour(s): White, Red
- Restaurant(s): The Dhaba, The Urban Tadka
- Her family and friends call her Dibu. Facebook
- She was selected by one of the teams of the National School of Drama, New Delhi after watching her performance in a college play.
- Divya is an animal lover and has a few pet dogs including Tuk-Tuk, Laila, and Majnu.
- She is an ardent devotee of Lord Ganesha.
- She follows the preaching of her guruji.
- Divya is often spotted drinking alcohol in parties.
- She is a trained Indian semi-classical dancer.
- In 2017, her father was drugged and robbed in a DTC bus in Delhi. A few days after this incident, her father passed away. Hindustan Times
- She was quite popular on TikTok until it was banned in India in 2020.
- In 2020, she was tested positive for COVID-19. She was also suffering from pneumonia at the same time which made her situation more critical, and she was shifted on a ventilator. Hindustan Times
- While Divya was admitted in hospital in 2020, her mother made serious allegations on Divya’s husband, she said,
Whatever anyone may tell you, the time has come to spill the truth. Her husband was a fraud. He has left her and is not bothered to even come forward for a while. She married without informing us. I am against that post marriage she has been living in a very small place in Oshiwara. She was living in a big house at Mira Road earlier. She has undergone a lot in the recent past.”
After a few days, Divya’s husband posted a video on his social media account giving clarification on the whole matter, he said,
I am Divya’s husband Gagan and there is a lot being said about me these days. There’s a lot written about me everywhere that I am a fraud, I am absconding and my mother asked Divya’s mom that if she needs any monetary help she will help her. I just want to tell everyone one thing that all this is rubbish and please don’t believe them. The truth is I was out of Mumbai because of work. I work in production and everyone knows that our profession requires us to travel out a lot, but I and my family were always in touch with Divya. When Divya fell ill and was tested COVID positive I was out because of work. Her friend got her admitted to hospital and contacted her family. She tried to contact me but since I was in no network area she could reach me. She was in regular touch with my mother.”
References [ + ]