Devansh Yadav is an Indian Administrative Service Officer (I.A.S.) of the 2016 batch of AGMUT ( Arunachal, Goa, Mizoram & Union Territories) cadre. As of 2021, he is serving as the Deputy Commissioner at Changlang district, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh.
Devansh Yadav was born on Tuesday, 10 July 1990 (age 31 years; as of 2021) in Mathura, Uttar Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Cancer. He did his schooling at Mathura’s Army School and St. Dominic’s Senior Secondary School. After completing his schooling, Devansh pursued an MBBS from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (2009-2014). LinkedIn- Devansh Yadav
In 2015, he appeared for the UPSC examination and cleared it.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Not much is known about his parents. Devansh got married to a woman in 2020.
Devansh started his career as a junior resident at AIIMS, New Delhi, in 2015. He worked there for a year and simultaneously, appeared for the UPSC examination. He cleared the examination and became an IAS Officer of the 2016 batch of AGMUT ( Arunachal, Goa, Mizoram & Union Territories) cadre. Subsequently, he joined Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie, as an officer trainee.
After the completion of Phase II of his training at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, he was appointed as the Assistant Secretary in the Department of Land Resources of Government of India for a period of 13 weeks from 2 July 2018 to 28 September 2018.
Thereafter, he served as the Assistant Collector at Puducherry. In 2020, Devansh was appointed as the Deputy Commissioner at Changlang district, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh.
Some of his popular initiatives as the Deputy Commissioner at Changlang district include:
- Construction of Pre-fabricated Anganwadis in Changlang
- Kengkhu: A basti model for drug de-addiction
- Successful COVID-19 vaccination campaigns in Changlang
- Sport: Cricket
- Cricketer: Virat Kohli
- Author: Tony Robbins
- Devansh loves reading and travelling in his leisure time.
- He is well-versed in three languages- Hindi, English, and Sanskrit.
- In 2020, three Arunachal Pradesh students who topped the class 12 exam in Changlang district faced a financial crunch. Their families did not have sufficient finances to provide for their graduation. Yadav decided to help those candidates and started a crowdfunding campaign for the three on Twitter. He tweeted,
It takes 2 mins to help these students realize their dream of studying in #DelhiUniversity. All 3 are district toppers & not from the financially sound background. Your contribution can help them pursue Undergrad in #DU. Just click on d link above…”
The initiative was a huge success, with more than Rs. 3 lakh pooled in for the students. He received appreciation from many for his unique approach.