Claudia Villafañe is the ex-wife of the late Argentinian football legend, Diego Armando Maradona, who passed away due to a heart attack at the age of 60 on 25 November 2020 in Tigre, Argentina. Claudia Villafañe is an Argentine actress and a businesswoman. The two parted their ways in 2003 after 17 years of marriage.
Claudia Villafañe was born on 22 January 1962 (age 58 years; as of 2020) in Villa Fiorito, a town on the outskirts of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius. Claudia Villafañe met Diego Maradona in Buenos Aires when she was 17 years old and they both fell in love. The couple decided to get married in November 1984. However, in 2003, they had to part their ways due to some personal conflicts and they ended up getting a divorce.
Height(approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Blonde
Eyes Colour: Black
Family & Ethnicity
Claudia Villafañe belongs to a family of European descent.
Claudia’s father’s name is Roque Nicolás Villafañe and her mother’s name is Ana María Elías.
Husband & Children
Claudia Villafañe married the late Argentina footballer, Diego Armando Maradona in November 1984. The couple has two daughters together – Gianinna Maradona and Dalma Maradona.
Claudia Villafañe started her career as an actress in 1998 when she acted in the television series, Muñeca brava. In 2003, she produced a play called Pijamas with actors Fabian Gianola, Mario Pasik, Victoria Onetto, and more. In 2008, she was a part of a documentary film, Maradona by Kusturica. The movie was directed by the Serbian filmmaker, Emir Kusturica to pay homage to Diego Maradona and it was based on his life. In 2020, Claudia participated in the television show, MasterChef Celebrity Argentina.
- Claudia Villafañe’s ex-husband and former Argentina football team captain, Diego Maradona made it to the world news after hitting scoring the infamous ‘Hand of God’ goal and leading the team to win the 1986 football world cup.
- Claudia Villafañe moved to Italy for a few years when she was married to Maradona to take care of his businesses and her family. After their divorce in 2003, the couple decided to stay friends as it would be beneficial for the whole family. They were often spotted together or with their kids on trips. The duo was spotted during the 2006 football world cup match.
- Claudia Villafañe has worked in several television shows and she was invited to several talk shows as well such as Sabado Bus, Susana Gimenez, Perfect Escape, and many others. Claudia was also invited on a talk show which was hosted by the Argentine television presenter and actress, Maria Susana Giménez Aubert. In 2005, Maradona and Claudia worked together in a show called ‘La Noche del 10’ that aired on El Trece’s television channel. During the show, Maradona made several efforts to win over Claudia again.
- Claudia denounced Maradona for fraud of over $6 million that was found missing from his bank accounts. On the other hand, Maradona stated that the money was stolen by someone else and he said that the person involved in this will pay for the damage. In return, Claudia’s lawyer defended her saying that the court will serve Maradona for the loss as this was a case of tax evasion and Claudia was not responsible for tax payments. (Mid-day)
- In 2018, Maradona accused his ex-wife and daughters of stealing $4.5 million dollars from his accounts. He requested the court to arrest them for the crime.
- In 2020, Claudia Villafañe was seen on the MasterChef Celebrity Argentina as a participant. After the death of late Diego Armando Maradona, the host of the show, Santiago del Moro came forward on camera and offered condolences to Claudia on behalf of the whole team of the show.