Bhuvaneshwar Bam, popularly known as Bhuvan Bam, is an Indian comedian, actor, writer, singer, songwriter, and YouTube personality. He is well known for his YouTube comedy channel “BB Ki Vines.”
Bhuvan Bam was born on Saturday, 22 January 1994 (age 26 years; as of 2020) in Baroda, Gujarat. His zodiac sign is Aquarius.
His family moved to Delhi when he was too young. His hometown is Delhi. He did his schooling from New Delhi’s Green Fields School and went to Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, New Delhi to pursue a bachelor’s degree in History. Hindustan Times During the gap between his calss 12 and college, Bhuvan developed a great interest in music. He desired to become a musician. However, his parents weren’t convinced with his idea of becoming a musician. While in college, Bhuvan got trained in classical singing and later, bagged an opportunity to work as a singer for a restaurant in Delhi.
Height IMDB: 5′ 10½”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
Bhuvan Bam belongs to a Marathi family. YouTube He is the son of Avnindra and Padma Bam.
Bhuvan started his career as a singer by singing at a local restaurant in New Delhi. Slowly, he started playing musical instrunments and composing music. Once, Bam uploaded a video on internet in which he ridiculed a news reporter who asked insensitive questions to a woman regarding her son’s death due to Kashmir floods. The video received a great response in Pakistan and motivated Bam to create his own YouTube channel. In 2015, he created his YouTube channel “BB Ki Vines.”
The first video that he uploaded on his channel was “The Chakhna Issue.” The video received only 10-15 views and was later deleted from his chennel. In his YouTube videos, he plays characters like Banchoddas, Sameer Fuddi, Titu Mama, Bablu, Pinki, and Mr. Hola. Bhuvan has also collaborated with two Pakistani videos “Karachi Vines” and “Bekaar Vines.” Bhuvan has also bonded with Indian YouTube channel TVF (The Viral Fever) for the video “TVF Bhootiyapa Bachelors Vs Ghost.”
In 2016, Bhuvan released his music video “Teri Meri Kahani.” Subsequently, he released music videos like “Sang Hoon Tere”, “Safar”, “Rahguzaar” and “Ajnabee.”
In 2018, he featured in the short film “Plus Minus” alongside Divya Dutta.
In the same year, Bam launched a new digital series on YouTube called “Titu Talks.” The series featured Shah Rukh Khan as its first guest.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Bhuvan shot the video “Lifelines of Society” and raised funds for the migrants.
Awards & Honours
- The Most Popular Channel WebTV Asia Award for his YouTube Channel “BB Ki Vines” (2016)
- Felicitated by Hindustan Times at the first edition of their Game Changer Awards (2017)
- Filmfare Award for Best Short Film for the film “Plus Minus” (2019)
- Beverage: Tea
- Actor: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Filmmaker: Anurag Kashyap
- His hobbies include playing the guitar and travelling.
- He wanted to become an archaeologist.
- Bhuvan’s mother wanted him to pursue B.Com Honours after his class 12. However, his percentage was not so good and gave him only a few options to go for in Delhi University. So, he choose history for his graduation.
- Bhuvan is a popular face on YouTube with more than 19.3 million subscribers (as of 2020) on his YouTube channel “BB Ki Vines.”
- His friends and family members fondly call him BB. IMDb
- In 2016, Bhuvan appeared in the TEDx at IIIT Delhi and Jaypee University of Information Technology.
- In 2017, India won the YouTube Summit golf competition, where Bhuvan’s YouTube channel “BB Ki Vines” was the main contributor.
- In 2018, Bhuvan became the first Indian individual YouTube personality to cross 10 million subscribers. Republic World
- Bhuvan loves dogs and has a pet dog named Maddy.
- In 2020, he featured on the cover of the Grazia magazine.