Aravind K P is an Indian professional bike racer who has to his name dozens of significant bike racing titles.
Aravind KP was born on Sunday, 8 December 1985 (age 35 years; as of 2020) in Udupi, Karnataka. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. Arvind was a motorcycle enthusiast since childhood. When he was a kid, he used to sneak out of his house with his father’s scooter, ride on the scooter across his town, and then return home without getting caught. His interest in motorcycle racing sparked up when he was studying in class 10 and had gone to watch the Manipal Supercross motor cycle racing event where TVS Racing was going up against Yamaha. Before that, he had only seen motor cycle racing on television, and it was the first time that he saw it live in front of him. Witnessing the thrilling sport live ignited the thought in him that he should also become one of those racers. The journey of a dream began that day. Now, after a career of over 15 years, Aravind K. P. has successfully earned a name for himself in motorbike racing, both nationally and internationally.
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
His father’s name is Prabhakara Upadhya, while his mother’s name is Usha Prabhakar.
He has a brother named Prashantha K P.
K. P. started his professional motorcycle racing career in 2006 by participating in a national level motorcycle racing competition. He was 19 years old at that time. During the same year, TVS motorcycle company noticed him during the 2006 Gulf Dirt Track National Championship and signed him for an upcoming racing series. It was not a paid contact; however, he got the opportunity to race for free. As he honed his racing skills, TVS awarded him with a paid contract of three years followed by a renewal of two years. In 2011, he became the only Indian motorcycle racer to have won an overseas Motocross Championship. In 2015, he participated in Maruthi Suzuki Raid De Himalaya (2500 Kms) competition and won all the off-road races except Sir.@Shyam Kothari. In the OiLibya Rally, held in Morocco in 2016, he finished at the 25th position. In 2019, he became the second Indian motorcyclist after C. S. Santosh (finished 36th in Dakar Rally 2016) to finish Dakar Rally, a motorcycle rally raid annually organised by the Amaury Sport Organisation. Dakar Rally is considered one of the toughest rallies in the motorcycle racing sport.
Over the course of his career, Arvind has emerged victorious in over 18 national championships that include Dirt track, Rallies, and Motocross.
- KP has a got inked a scorpion tattoo on his right tricep and a star tattoo on his left shoulder.
- Arvind was a motorcycle enthusiast since childhood. When he was a kid, he used to sneak out of his house with his father’s scooter, ride on the scooter across his town, and then return home without getting caught.
- Ahead of his class 12 board exams, K. P. was promised by his parents that if he attained a score of over 80% marks in the upcoming board exams, they will buy him a racing bike. K. P. went on to attain 84.7% marks and was rewarded with a Yamaha RX-135.
- In an interview, K. P. revealed that TVS Motor Company has been by his side even during his tough times. In 2012, K. P. had hurt himself seriously during a racing competition in Sri Lanka. At that time, his contract with TVS was due for renewal; however, the doctors said that looking at the seriousness of the injury, his career could be done. During that time, when the threat of his career being over was hovering over his head, TVS Motor Company showed support for him. The officials of TVS Motor Company bought the contract papers in the hospital and signed him, regardless of the time he could take to for getting back on track.
- In 2016, K. P. lent his voice to a character in the Kannada film “One Time.”
- In 2021, he participated in the reality TV game show Bigg Boss Kannada Season 8, hosted by Sudeep on Colors Kannada.