Aisha Sultana is an Indian actress, model, and film director who is based in Lakshadweep. In 2020, she made her independent directorial debut with the Malayalam film “Flush.”
Aisha Sultana was born on Sunday, 2 December 1984 (age 36 years; as of 2020) in Jessore, Bangladesh. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. Aisha completed the curatorial research residency at Gasworks, London, in 2013. As of 2021, she is residing at Chetlat Island, Lakshadweep.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Light Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Not much is known about her parents. She has two younger brothers.
Sultana began her career as a model and featured in a few TV commercials and print advertisements. She worked as an assistant film director under many popular Malayalam film directors like Nissam Basheer and Lal Jose. Aisha worked as an associate director in the Malayalam film “Kettiyolaanu Ente Malakha” (2019).
She made her directorial debut as an independent director with the Malayalam film “Flush” (2020). Sultana also wrote the script of the film.
She has also acted in a few Malayalam plays.
In 2021, BJP’s Lakshadweep President C Abdul Khader Haji filed a case against Aisha under Sections 124 A (sedition) and 153 B (hate speech) at Kavaratti police station for calling Lakshadweep’s administrator Praful K Patel a “bioweapon.” In his complaint, Haji alleged that Sultana during a debate on the ongoing political crisis in Lakshadweep on a Malayalam new channel criticised the central government and called Patel a bio-weapon of the center. Later, Aisha clarified her statements through a Facebook post. She wrote,
I had used the word bio-weapon in the TV channel debate. I have felt Patel as well as his policies [have acted] as a bio-weapon. It was through Patel and his entourage that Covid-19 spread in Lakshadweep. I have compared Patel as a bioweapon, not the government or the country…. You should understand. What else should I call him…”
After the incident, Lakshadweep Sahitya Pravarthaka Sangam showed its support towards Aisha and said that it was an inhumane approach of the administrator to depict Aisha as anti-national. The Wire
- Beverage: Tea
- Colour: White
- Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
- Sultana loves riding bikes and reading books whenever free.
- Aisha is the first woman to become an individual filmmaker in the history of Lakshadweep. The Free Press Journal
- She has been a part of many campaigns run to oppose the new reforms and the proposed legislation on the Lakshadweep island.
- She shares a great bond with her grandmother.
- Sultana is a member of a Dhaka-based organisation named Brito Arts Trust. In 2014, she was awarded the Samdani Art Award for it.
- Sultana enjoys a huge fan following on her social media accounts and has around 1 million followers on Facebook (as of 2021). Facebook
- She owns a Yamaha R15.