Aari Arjuna is a popular Tamil actor, fitness trainer, and philanthropist. In 2020, he participated in the popular TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss Tamil 4.’
Aari Arjuna was born on Tuesday, 12 February 1985 (age 35 years; as of 2020), in Palani, Tamil Nadu. His zodiac sign is Aquarius. He did his schooling from Arulmigu Palaniandavar Matriculation School, Palani in Tamil Nadu and St. Joseph School, Tamil Nadu. He did his graduation from MK College, Tamil Nadu. Facebook
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
His father is a businessman, and his mother is a housewife. On 18 November 2015, he got married to a Sri Lankan Tamil girl Nathiya Sivakumaran, and she is an HR Professional from the UK. Their wedding was held at Kalikambal Temple at Parrys, Chennai, and their engagement-reception were held on 17 November 2015 in Taj Connemara, Tamil Nadu. The couple was blessed with a daughter on 5 February 2017.
He started his career as a theatre artist and has more than seven years of experience in theatres. He has worked in various theatre plays with the theatre groups like ‘Magic Lantern,’ ‘Theatre Nisha,’ and ‘Inland Theatres.’ He has also worked as an acting tutor in theatres and has conducted various acting workshops for many budding actors. He debuted as an actor in the Tamil film ‘Aadum Koothu’ (2005) which was screened in various film festivals and received the ‘Best Regional Language National Award.’ He then appeared in various Tamil films like ‘Rettaisuli’ (2010), ‘ Maalai Pozhudhin Mayakathilaey’ (2012), ‘Nedunchaalai’ (2014), ‘ Unnodu Ka’ (2016), ‘Nagesh Thiraiyarangam’ (2018), and ‘Aleka’ (2020).
In 2020, he appeared in the popular TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss Tamil 4’ hosted by the famous Indian actor Kamal Haasan.
Awards & Honours
- 2014: Film Fans Association 62nd Annual Award for Best Actor in the film Nedunchaalai
- 2015: V4 Award for Best Actor in the film Nedunchaalai
- 2016: Youth Icon Award for flood work 12/01/2016- Take Care India in association with Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam International Foundation
- 2017: Trikona Awards Youth Icon for exemplary work for the betterment of society and motivating youth and following the footsteps
- 2017: Guinness World Record for transplanting seedlings with 3000 students from Sathyabhama University
- 2018: Guinness World Record- The Most Signatures on a Whiteboard for his signature campaign along with FETNA in America
- His real name is Aari Arujunan. In an interview, he said,
People confuse my name with actors Aadhi and Arya and I get many calls mistaking me for them. That’s why I thought I would add Arjuna to my first name hereafter.” Facebook
- Before starting his career as an actor, he used to work as a fitness trainer; specialized in body sculpting. He has trained many Indian actors including Jeevaa, Aadhi, Sasikumar, Parthiban, and Ameer. In an interview, he said,
Body sculpting is very popular abroad and there are special trainers for actors to look the age of the character they are playing in a movie. There are many ways to do this, but I prefer a bio-method that doesn’t have any side effect.”
- He shed almost 10 kg of his body weight for one of his films. Deccan Chronicle
- He is also known for his philanthropy work. He is involved in various social activities and has encouraged people to work for the needy people.
- He loves to travel on his Harley Davidson motorcycle.
- He has started ‘Aari Mugam’ which is an initiative to give a platform to the budding actors and directors.
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.