Gashmeer Mahajani is an Indian actor, play director, film maker, and choreographer. He is famous for being the son of the famous Marathi film actor Ravindra Mahajani.
Gashmeer was born on Saturday, 8 June 1985 (age 35 years; as of 2020), in Pune. His zodiac sign is Gemini. He did his schooling from Abhinava Vidyalaya English Medium High School, Pune. Later, he pursued his graduation from Brihan Maharashtra College of Commerce, Pune. Facebook
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
He was born in a Maharashtrian family.
Parents & Siblings
His father Ravindra Mahajani is a well known Indian actor. His mother’s name is Madhu Mahajani. He has one elder sister who is 13 years older to him.
Relationships, Wife & Children
On 28 December 2014, he got married to Gauri Deshmukh, and on 21 December 2019, the couple was blessed with a baby boy Vyom.
He started his career as an actor in 2010 Hindi film ‘Muskurake Dekh Zara’ in which he played the role of Vivek. The film failed to do well at the box-office. He then took a break of almost five years, and in 2015, he acted in the Marathi film ‘Carry On Maratha’ as Martand. Some of his Marathi films are ‘Deool Band’ (2015), ‘Kanha’ (2016), ‘Mala Kahich Problem Nahi’ (2017), and ‘Bonus’ (2020). He has acted in a few Hindi films such as ‘Dongari Ka Raja’ (2016) and ‘Panipat’ (2019).
He has also appeared in a few Hindi TV serials like ‘Anjaan: Special Crimes Unit’ (2018) and ‘Imlie’ (2020). He has acted and directed various theatre plays.
- His family and friends call him Gash. Facebook
- He started his own dance studio to support his family financially at the age of 15. His dance studio ‘GRM Dance Academy’ is located in Pune. Talking about his passion for dancing, he said,
I get to see a different side of me when I dance. I have come to realise that dancing and acting are two sides of the same coin. To become a complete actor, you need to know dancing because body language is important in an actor.” IMDb
- He talked about his struggling days in an interview, he said,
And in those times my mother too was working in a hotel as a house keeper at mere 3 thousand rupees at months. In those times I have myself distributed leaflets about my company on the road as I learned from my mother that no work is small.”
- He follows a daily Yoga routine. In an interview, he said,
One key aspect of acting is breath control. And by performing yoga, you master that art. Though I haven’t been able to include that in my fitness routine yet, this is one aspect that I want to learn from my father, Dad is a very disciplined practitioner of yoga and starts his day with a pranayam every day. I can’t do all the asanas like him but I ensure that I at least do the pranayam regularly.”
- He is often spotted drinking alcohol in parties and various events.
- He loves to play snooker in his leisure time.
- Gashmeer has won many awards for his Marathi films.
- He is an ardent devotee of Lord Ganesha.
- He has got a tattoo inked on his back shoulder.
- As per his Instagram’s post, he is a vegan.
- Gashmeer is an avid animal lover and owns a pet dog Gabbar.